“The experience was pleasurable and I felt fully relaxed; the making of a perfect vacation!”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Spencer, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We traveled down to visit a family member and were only staying at the hotel in the evenings of our stay. The service was excellent and when we returned to the hotel our rooms were well cleaned and we were able to enjoy the nice weather outisde in the area with beautiful sculptures provided by the hotel. We spent alot of time in the pool too! The food for the continental breakfast was delicious. Their restaurant had great food; I enjoyed the grilled salmon and my boyfriend enjoyed hot wings during of the evenings we ate at the hotel. The beds were also very comfortable and we slept well through the night. Lastly, the staff were very professional and kind to me during my stay and we will definitely be back to stay at this hotel again when we visit our relatives in North Carolina.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest:
First of all – thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. It feels real good when a customer tells us that we met or exceeded his / her expectation – thank you. We truly love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations and where we need to improve. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff including me, the owner and management. Your comments will be used to prepare a corrective action plan. I assure you we all listen carefully. This is the only way to reach our goal.
Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip and I will make it my business to welcome you to the Sundance.
Again – thank you for your review
Mike G
Owner
919 215-9372

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
raleigh nc
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I only stay at Choice Hotels and this was my first time at a Clarion/ Sundance Plaza - assumed at was going to be too expensive. Wrong! The rates are extremely reasonable.

Checking in was actually fun, Charlene Milligan (general manager) made me feel at home. She knew I was silly tired and made me feel as if I had known her for years. She even faxed some paperwork for me to my company.

This hotel has everything you could need, including a restaurant. Do NOT miss breakfast - you' ll never see the likes of it elsewhere. You will not leave disappointed.

The entire facility was extremely clean and well kept. My room was vast and even had vases with flowers in them. Yes, they were artificial, but what a pleasant touch.
The only "problem" I had was not wanting to get out of that clean and comfortable bed the next morning!

Will I return? I'm booking a room for tomorrow night as soon as I finish this!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2009

There is a lovely garden to stroll through in the courtyard. The relaxing ambience makes it the most enjoyable part of my stay.

The staff is the most incredible of all. Everyone always has a smile on thier face, a greeting of "how are you, can I help you with anything?" and an aura of geniune gratitude for choosing their hotel to stay in. This even includes the maintenance and housekeeping.

For that reason alone, we are repeat customers.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
SOUTH CAROLINA
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I travel to Winston Salem weekly. In 2007 when I started traveling in WS, I stayed at other hotels then in 2008 I tried the Sundance Plaza. WOW. I felt like I was home away from home. Big welcome at the door, and you instantly smell the Starbucks coffee brewing. The staff are always accommodating and friendly, the rooms are always clean and consistent and I love the SPA. I had a massage that was the BEST. I try to fit in Friday Night for my stay over so I can hear LIVE JAZZ. Another WOW. I always get a upgrade to include hot breakfast-the best Omelets. I will always stay with the Sundance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself.
The issues and areas you pointed out are discussed and taken under consideration for future decission making. We tell also tell our staff “job well done” for the items you enjoyed. Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to welcome you home.
Best wishes,
Mike G
Owner
919 215-9372
Utah
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Our four day stay for our son's wedding was memorable, thanks to the hotel and staff. It was so convenient to staying just a few floors away from the location for the wedding and reception! The staff was so accomodating and friendly--almost like family by the time our stay was over!
The room decor was charming and each room was unique. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and I appreciated the adequate storage space (dresser & closet) so we could unpack and not be tripping over our luggage for the duration of our stay.
We would love to come back and visit again and would be happy to stay at the Sundance Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
winston-salem
Reviewed October 7, 2009

well first when i got there Dinah was very nice to us and greeted us as me came in. she told us where to be headed and everything looked so clean. The room looked clean and smelled fresh. I had a good night and when i woke up they attended us pretty good in breakfast. i enjoyed being in Sundace Plaza and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I think this is the best kept secret in Winston-Salem, NC.

The service is out of this world and with employees like FELICIA how could you not enjoy your stay at a place like SUNDANCE.

The hotel is best value in town.

Ray Rayani