I've always had pretty good luck booking motels online and they are relatively close to what I expected. BUT NOT THIS TIME! I thought by it being a Clarion motel it would up to par. Not the case at all. As a matter of fact i didn't see Clarion logo or name anywhere else inside the place!
When I got there they had no record of my reservation. Once I gave my confirmation # they found a room. While this was getting done it gave me a chance to ask why it was so miserably hot in the lobby and restaurant area. The A/C was out. Thank goodness the rooms were on a separate unit. But getting to the rooms, in the elevators and the restaurant ....all pretty miserable and smelled....lets just say "less than fresh".
I asked for a pool view room. I got one!! I didn't realize I would have to climb up on a chair to see over a wall that was between my room and the pool. I'm serious and I don't exaggerate. The beds were horrible and the television channels came in and out randomly. The vending machine had only 2 bags of chips...empty of every thing else. We stayed the 1st night because we were too tired to look for anything else.
When we got to the lobby the next morning to let them know we wouldn't be staying for the remainder of our intended stay....I waited 10 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk. (The phone was ringing most of the time.) Finally we went to the restaurant to have breakfast and the waitress found the front desk person for me. She was outside...smoking and texting! I will say the breakfast was delicious and the lady working the dining room was very helpful and service was great! I guess that was the only good thing about this stay.
Needless to say.......it was a thoroughly disappointing stay. I won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and leave the details to us at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, minutes from Interstate 40 and walking distance from Wake Forest University, the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum Complex, the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds, Ernie Shore Field, shopping and dining. Our lovely boutique-style Inn is pet-friendly and close to cultural attractions such as the Reynolda House Museum of American Art, as well as hiking, fishing and local wineries. The Winston Salem Hotel & Spa features a refreshing day spa and onsite restaurant and lounge as well as free Wi-Fi Internet throughout the hotel and free continental breakfast. Our spacious guest rooms include Microwave, Mini Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Hairdryer, 32 inch flat panel TV, and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Soak up the sun in the outdoor pool and work out in the fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Winston Salem Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Sundance Plaza Hotel Winston Salem
- Clarion Winston Salem