“Run in the other direction!”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
“Run in the other direction!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked this hotel through groupon not knowing the area. We were very disappointed when we arrived. The fitness room was out of order, the ice machine was broken, the room was dirty, the pull out couch and contents in the couch were questionable (at best). Our 8 and 11 year olds were even Leary immediately! The carpet was unclean, the security doors did not work. We did not stay to see what other adventures we may experience. The only staff person working was fine. Needless to say, it was worth the extra money to stay elsewhere! Never Again. I cannot believe that any of the positive posts on this site are truly from guests!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Agpmichigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here for Valentines Day and had an absolutely amazing time! We ate dinner at the hotels restaurant and were greeted with a fresh cut rose and two glasses of champagne! The food and atmosphere were amazing! Candlelight dinner with live guitarist, out of this world food, amazing service... Our next day was spent at the spa. As a first for me, the spa day was amazing. Wine, steam room, massage, and facial... I must say, do NOT underestimate the spa. The masseurs are phenomenal and I felt like a princess my entire stay here!!!! I highly recommend this hotel. The entire staff, especially Demetria who worked so hard for us, was extremely nice and they go out of their way to make sure your stay there is fabulous. We will be going back!!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Lauren6339
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying for three days at the Sundance Plaza Hotel & Spa in Winston-Salem, NC over this past St. Patrick’s Day weekend.  As soon as I arrived, the staff greeted me in a very warm and friendly manner and promptly registered me at the hotel.  The bell staff happily assisted me with my luggage and escorted me to my room.  My room was nicely decorated, impeccably clean and very spacious with elegant sculptures, accent lighting, a king size bed, separate sitting area with desk, TV, mini bar and most importantly, Wi-Fi access.  The bath was well stocked with towels and luxurious Swiss toiletries.  I was also very happy to see them promoting water conservation, an important issue to me.  They have an immaculate spa that offers an extensive menu of services, perfect for a romantic weekend getaway.  The hotel is conveniently and centrally located in the heart of Wake Forest University’s campus and within walking distance to their many sports venues.  With such a gracious staff, comfortable accommodations, Zen-like spa services, great location and excellent service, I look forward to staying there again in the very near future.

Room Tip: Room 400 on the fourth floor is on the top floor, nicely decorated, spacious, quiet, and close to th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013

While my review comes late, it was definitely not on purpose. We stayed during valentines day and were privileged to be a part of the valentines day dinner. First the food for the dinner was Excellent and the evening could not have been better, compliments to the chef. The next morning you had a full breakfast which consisted of eggs, grits, bacon, and sausage with the usual cereal and muffins etc. The best part of the stay was the spa. Demetria (Hope I spelled it right, even though if I didn't she will forgive me as she got my name wrong multiple times) made our spa visit one to remember. I have never been to have a massage or facial done and as a man I will be back let me tell you. Give them a try for you will not be unsatisfied.The staff was also very accommodating and nice. As far as the outer exterior of the hotel you can see they are renovating some, but as I stated we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John F
Durham
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My family and I visited Wake Forest University and decided to stay here. While staying at the Sundance I decided to get a facial from the spa, it was great...very relaxing. The hotel staff were very friendly and were willing to go above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I will definitely stay here the next I'm in Winston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear guest:
Thank you for taking time and share your experience while staying at the Sundance. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the services at our Spa. The staff will be very happy to hear that we achieved our goal in providing a memorable experience. Please come back real soon.
All the best,
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and will definitely go back. It was very convenient to Wake Forest University, my old stomping grounds, and to just about anywhere in town. Friendly staff and comfortable rooms. It made my time away from home easy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest:
Great to hear from you and of course thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking your time to share with us your experience while staying at our property. While we strive to meet and exceed each guests expectation we are very happy to hear that we achieved our goal with you.
Your comments make a difference. Thank you.
Please come back real soon and allow us to provide true southern hospitality at the Sundance.
Best wishes,
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have tried many spas in the triad area that has led me on a quest to find one that I will continue to return to and use regularly. I purchased a coupon with this spa to try out and took my seven year old daughter to enjoy a girls day out. Upper management made sure to make our spa experience the best it could be. The spa contacted me in an expeditious, friendly yet professional way and made sure we were set to go with our package. This spa's staff, product, and facilities far surpassed my expectations in every way. I do not think I will be experimenting further with other spas as this is THE ONE that I will continually return to with daughter in tow. If you have an opportunity to try the Bistro on-site...even their chicken tenders surpass your expectations of how a chicken tender can taste!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank juniperjasmines
Dear guests:
Thank you and thank you to you daughter for visiting the Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed the services at the Spa and that the staff were friendly and professional. Yes, the chicken tenders are tasty and we have more of them when you return, which we hope will be real soon.
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Your feed back does make a difference.
Regards,