“Wonderful Hotel/Spa”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My family and I visited Wake Forest University and decided to stay here. While staying at the Sundance I decided to get a facial from the spa, it was great...very relaxing. The hotel staff were very friendly and were willing to go above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I will definitely stay here the next I'm in Winston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear guest:
Thank you for taking time and share your experience while staying at the Sundance. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the services at our Spa. The staff will be very happy to hear that we achieved our goal in providing a memorable experience. Please come back real soon.
All the best,

There are newer reviews for Winston Salem Hotel & Spa

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and will definitely go back. It was very convenient to Wake Forest University, my old stomping grounds, and to just about anywhere in town. Friendly staff and comfortable rooms. It made my time away from home easy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest:
Great to hear from you and of course thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking your time to share with us your experience while staying at our property. While we strive to meet and exceed each guests expectation we are very happy to hear that we achieved our goal with you.
Your comments make a difference. Thank you.
Please come back real soon and allow us to provide true southern hospitality at the Sundance.
Best wishes,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have tried many spas in the triad area that has led me on a quest to find one that I will continue to return to and use regularly. I purchased a coupon with this spa to try out and took my seven year old daughter to enjoy a girls day out. Upper management made sure to make our spa experience the best it could be. The spa contacted me in an expeditious, friendly yet professional way and made sure we were set to go with our package. This spa's staff, product, and facilities far surpassed my expectations in every way. I do not think I will be experimenting further with other spas as this is THE ONE that I will continually return to with daughter in tow. If you have an opportunity to try the Bistro on-site...even their chicken tenders surpass your expectations of how a chicken tender can taste!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank juniperjasmines

Dear guests:
Thank you and thank you to you daughter for visiting the Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed the services at the Spa and that the staff were friendly and professional. Yes, the chicken tenders are tasty and we have more of them when you return, which we hope will be real soon.
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Your feed back does make a difference.
Regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here on February 16 for a wrestling tournament. It took us almost 20-30 minutes to check in. The room appeared to be clean but we found beetle bugs on the curtains, the floor, the bed and the ceiling. When we pulled back the curtain to observe the snow flurries, the window seal was full of either dust or mold that had been there for a while. The elevator broke at 8 pm and we stayed on the fourth floor. The exercise room was under renovation. We had to endure loud guests yelling at their kid to go to bed after 1 am. At 7 am a verbal fight broke out in our hallway. I did not get any rest and will never stay here again. We booked our second night at the Marriott suites down the street. This was an aweful experience!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank AlleyahNorthCarolina
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear guest:
While we strive to meet and exceed each guests expectation ii is clear that we did not achieve our goal with regard to your stay. For that I am truly sorry. Your feedback is important to me and the entire staff. We listen carefully and take your observations and comments to take corrective action where possible and warranted. In deed during your stay we hosted large youth groups which present challenges to our staff to keep noise levels down as well as the ill or mistreatment of equipment like the elevator, (which was fixed shortly after it was disabled).
While we typically enjoy high scores on cleanliness ratings by our customers and franchise inspectors it is clear that there was an issue in your room. We contract with one of the Nation’s largest Pest Control Companies, Orkin. We called and shared your comment with Orkin as well with all the relevant hotel staff in order to take corrective immediate action.
Thank you again for your feedback. It does matter and it does make a difference, I assure you. While I understand your disappointment I would love to welcome you back in person and highlight the actions we have taken since your last visit. The exercise has been totally redesigned and newly renovated. We expect the completion date to be by mid-March.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I am a business professional in Winston Salem. I had the pleasure of my first stay at Sundance this past January 2013. I stayed in a suite and it was just beautiful. When you first walk in you can sense the style and class of the hotel. This is only complimented by the gorgous spa located in the hotel itself as well as a wonderful grill headed up by a top notch Chef Derrick McCorkle....the room was so nice and comfortable and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It is nop notch and I highly recommend this hotel for any Winston Salem stay.

A. Thompson

Room Tip: Suite is the way to go!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest:
Love your feed back. It is greatly appreciated. We work very hard to meet and exceed every guests expectation and it is wonderful to hear that we achieved our goal with you. I will share your comments with all our staff.
Please come back soon and stay with us on your future visits to Winston Salem.
So long,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stopped by to visit my son at Wake and attend the Georgia Tech game. Check-in was lightening quick and my room was perfect as usual. The staff is incredible, especially Edith. First class all the way. It's my home away from home when I visit my son. Perfectly located near campus and the stadiums, not to mention downtown. I look forward to my next visit in May (Graduation). My oh my, how 4 years have gone by this quickly! I think I'll still come back for Homecoming in the years ahead. Thank you to everyone at the Sundance...you are truly a great team. Keep it up!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear guest!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience with us. Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Sundance. We strive to meet and exceed every guest expectation and we are happy to know that we met your expectation. We hope to welcome you back to the property in the near future and like to showcase the new and updated areas we have been working on since you stayed with us last. The fitness room and business center will be done within weeks.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Mike G.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel a little dated, however my room was very clean. Beds were comfy.
Price affordable. Food was great. Great Location. Staff was very very friendly!!

I would stay there again, if staying overight. Plenty of parking. Not too far to access the interstate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank shwanne1
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear guest!
On behalf of the entire team - thank you for staying at the Sundance hotel and for sharing your experience with us. We read your review with great interest and us it for imroping our service and product.. We strive to meet and exceed every guest expectation. Your comments and feed back helps us find out where we are on track and where we have room to improve.
We are in the middle of our renovation and plan to be done by in the near future, featuring our new Fitness Center as well as hospitality room.
Would love to welcome you back to the property and showcase these new areas as well as featuring our new "heavens at the Sundance Spa and Art room package which we just completed and introduced.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Mike G.