i was there for the weekend of January 18 for a Wake Forest event. The hotel is convenient and centrally located, near food options, gas and Wake Forest facilities. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in was easy and painless except that we had difficulty with our room keys. Our room was at the further point from the front desk so we had to return to reset the keys. Still, one key card had to slide in and out fast while the other one as slow as possible. it just made it a pain to get in every time. The room was decorated very nice and in a unique manner. Rooms seem to be theme based decorated. The room was good size, the beds were comfortable. the room and bathroom were both clean. Old style TV was okay but the remote was an issue. First, it was not working. after the on phone instructions to reprogram failed, they sent someone upstairs. he programmed it and it worked for about 10 minutes. i was able to program it again on my own and it worked for a while but then the power button was not working. The air/heat was good and kept the room comfortable. Refrigerator was a plus in the room. The rate included breakfast, which was very nice. A wide variety, including healthy choices and fruit. the staff was helpful and friendly. the pool is outdoors so it was closed during my stay. there is a spa on site but i did not use their services. there is a gym but it was closed due to renovations. the hotel did provide access to the local YMCA while the gym was closed. overall, it was a pleasant stay. the hotel seems to be going through some much needed renovations. it seems to be dated but some things appear to be updated. the elevators are tired and slow. the staff's professional and friendly demeanor as well as its location make the stay worth it but the condition of the hotel is in dire need of updates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and leave the details to us at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, minutes from Interstate 40 and walking distance from Wake Forest University, the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum Complex, the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds, Ernie Shore Field, shopping and dining. Our lovely boutique-style Inn is pet-friendly and close to cultural attractions such as the Reynolda House Museum of American Art, as well as hiking, fishing and local wineries. The Winston Salem Hotel & Spa features a refreshing day spa and onsite restaurant and lounge as well as free Wi-Fi Internet throughout the hotel and free continental breakfast. Our spacious guest rooms include Microwave, Mini Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Hairdryer, 32 inch flat panel TV, and free high-speed Wi-Fi. Soak up the sun in the outdoor pool and work out in the fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Winston Salem Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundance Plaza Hotel Winston Salem
- Sundance Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Clarion Winston Salem