“Very friendly staff, great room, and convenient”

Winston Salem Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Cary, North Carolina
“Very friendly staff, great room, and convenient”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I highly recommend Sundance to everyone visiting Winston-Salem. Every, and I do mean every, staff member that I saw smiled, said hello, and asked if I needed anything. My room was fantastic: it was clean, roomy, and quiet. I ate breakfast at Sundance and it was delicious and was made even better by the smiling server who helped me. Sundance is also extremely convenient to anywhere you need to go in Winston-Salem. Stay there - - you will be glad you did!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013

Dear guest!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience with us. I amvery happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Sundance. All of us reading your review with great interest and share your comments with the staff. We strive to meet and exceed every guest expectation and we are happy to know that we met your expectation. Your comments and feed back helps us find out where we are on track and where we have room to improve. We would love to welcome you back to the property and showcase new and updated areas we have been working on since you stayed with us last. The excersie room and business center will be done by that time.
919 215-9372

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Clover, SC
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Room was a normal hotel room, nothing special. Beds slept fine. It was just what we needed for our football trip to see Clemson play. A place to lay our heads. Where this place shines is the location. We couldn't have ask for a better location. Directly across the street from where the Deacons tailgate, with a back road that goes directly into the stadium. Also, another plus was that it was next to pizza hut (pregame food), and the included breakfast was one of the best that I've had in a long time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guest!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience with us. I am reading your review with great interest and share your comments with the staff. We strive to meet and exceed every guest expectation. Your comments and feed back helps us find out where we are on track and where we have room to improve. Thank you for your kind words. We are in the middle of our renovation and plan to be done by the spring of next year.
Hope to welcome you back to the property real soon and showcase the areas we have been working on. The excersie room and business center will be done by that time. We also have introduced our "Heavens at the Sundance" package featuring Spa Services as well as our Art Suites - Whirlpool rooms.
Blooming Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I travel for business and bring my family, I chose this hotel for the pet friendly policy. Which we were fully accomodated in this regard, the facilities are in need of updating, but considering this the rooms were comfortable with furnishings and linens that were noticably out of step with the carpet and permanent aspects of the room, it was a good stay. I.e. that they were a higher quality than the old carpet, rusted hinges on the bathroom door, and caulking needed in the bathroom. What marred our stay was the Volleyball team that checked in on our floor and proceeded to slam the doors, run up and down the hallway, giggling and laughing well past the time that people should be in bed. A call to the front desk and I was assured they woudl be quiet "soon". Unfortunately, never happened. While I understand it's the people that would not control the girls, it does make a difference to the guests who have early flights and want a decent night's sleep. The business center did not have a computer, nor was the excercise room available as is was under rennovation and you have to go to the local YMCA. These are things that are mandatory these days for a business traveler. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mouse456

Dear guest!
Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience with us. I am reading your review with great interest and share your comments with management and staff. We strive to meet and exceed every guest expectation. It is clear that we failed to meet your expectations. I am sorry about that. Your comments and feed back helps us find out where we are on track and where we have room to improve.
We are currently renovating and updating our property and plan to be done by this spring.
Would love to welcome you back to the property and showcase the areas we have been working on. The excersie room and business center will be done by that time.
Again, thank you for your feedback - does make a difference.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am surprised by the reviews of other parents who stayed here for family weekend at WFU. Our room, the "Tim Duncan" gallery room, obviously had not been renovated. The closet was more like a broom closet - too small. Carpet needs to be cleaned. Room was damp and musty. The final straw was our room was not cleaned. When questioning the front desk, we were told that housekeeping report stated we had a "do not disturb sign" on door. We did not - we were gone all day!!!! They did offer to clean the room but we declined due to lateness. Would not recommend. (A note to Tim Duncan - would have my name and pictures removed!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank leljet
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear guest:

Thank you for staying at the Sundance Plaza Hotel, Spa & Wellness center and thank you for taking up your time and sharing your experience while staying at our hotel. We truely strive to meet and exceed each guests expectation but clearly did not achive our goal with your visit.

Your feed back is important to us because it provides us with information where we are doing well and where we have work to do. Sorry about the mix-up with housekeeping thinking you did not want to be disturbed. I am sorry for this matter. Your comments will be shared with all relevant staff and we will prepare an action plan adressing these issues.

We we have many many satisfied former and current athlets staying at our hotel. However, it is you we would like to welcome back and show you that your feedback made a difference. Please call me at my cell at 919 215-9372 when you are planing to return to WFU.

Travelers are raving about these Winston Salem hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed 4 nights there during parent's weekend at Wake, and were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the rooms, and the friendly staff, even on a very busy football and parent's weekend. Nice place considering how close it is to campus and the Stadium. Two things would put it in an even higher category; finishing the renovations to the business center and the workout area, and upgrading the free breakfast room and breakfast offerings. Surprisingly dated and used breakfast room furnishings, no healthy alternatives like fruit. Actually surprisingly 'back room' feel to the breakfast area in an otherwise very clean and modern looking hotel lobby and hallways. One bed's mattress was dated and saggy, and the air conditioner didn't work properly

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
FamilyManBahama, Owner at Winston Salem Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

After reading the mixed reviews we weren't sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised. The only negative that we had was the lack of fresh fruit at breakfast (a bowl of apples doesn't cut it). Our room was spacious and clean. The furnishings appeared to be relatively new. The staff were all very nice. The location couldn't have been better since we could walk to the Wake Forest football game.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear guest:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your experience while staying with us. We do like to hear from our our guests but certainly enjoy to hear from guests like you enjoying their stay. I will share your comments with the staff and let them know that they have done a great job.
Please hurry back soon,
Mike G
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stay at this beautiful property, every time I travel for work to Winston Salem. I enjoy the relaxing spa on the property and the breakfast buffet is a great way to start your morning. The best part of this property is the superb friendly service. They are just so nice at this Clarion Hotel. I enjoy relaxing by the pool whenever I get the chance. I would highly recommend this propertly to any of my colleagues and bosses at Corporate Wendy's. There is a ton of parking and the hotel is perfectly central in Winston Salem and the best part is Wake Forest is just across the street.

Room Tip: Higher rooms (3rd or 4th Floor) have less noise. But I love the second floor because the rooms have...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest:
Thank you, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking time in writing your review. We love to hear from you, our guest, because it provides us with an opportunity to find out where we have met or exceeded your expectations. Every review will be shared with the relevant staff, management and myself.
The issues and areas you pointed out are discussed and taken under consideration for future decission making. We tell also tell our staff “job well done” for the items you enjoyed. Please call me to when making arrangements for a future trip to our city and I will make it my business to welcome you home.
Mike G