All reviews wake forest old salem baptist hospital medical center room was clean free breakfast shuttle service recommend staying here stay there again the staff was friendly and helpful mini fridge breakfast bar nice stay oatmeal fries downtown deborah
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Just spent a few days in Winston Salem and stayed at the Hawthorne. Great place to stay that isn’t too expensive. You can walk into the middle of the city for next there. About 20 min walk to my favorite pizza place.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Summer C, General Manager at Hawthorne Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

ok1start,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our location while visiting Winston Salem. We strive to provide exceptional service and accommodations with each and every guest.

Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

The outdoor swimming pool was beautiful. I stayed in the suite withv2 queen beds. The other room had a couch, tv, and microwave with mini fridge. The balconies are locked. I was disappointed however that the breakfast buffet was over at 930 am.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank meghanc1021

meghanc1021,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We strive to provide exceptional service to each and every guest. It's great to hear you enjoyed our pool, as I believe it is one of the best in the downtown area. The pool area is private, and our maintenance team keep it well maintained. Thank you again for being our guest, we hope that you will visit us again when in the Winston Salem area.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

I stayed here recently for one night while having tests done at Wake Forest Hospital. The location is great if you need to go to the hospital. Overall the hotel is okay if you are merely looking for a place to sleep for a night or two. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel appears to be well maintained but it is obvious that it is an older building. I was disappointed in the breakfast; overcooked sausage, lumpy scrambled eggs, grits and some bread & pastries. This place is okay if you are getting a discount for being a Wake Forest Hospital patient. Otherwise, skip it.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Ward416,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It's great to hear you found the room clean and your bed comfortable. I have shared your feedback with our food and beverage team as we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope that when traveling back to the area you will give us another opportunity to earn your business!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This is an older facility that has a musty odor the owners should address. I would not recommend this location until upgrades are implemented. There was a problem with my room at check-in. It took about 3 hours to get another room. The i's plenty of on-site parking. The breakfast buffet was decent. The staff is outstanding. They are friendly & helpful. The staff is but far the best asset of this facility.

Trip type: Traveled on business

carasel1908,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We strive to provide exceptional service and accommodations with every visit. From your review it appears we have a lot of opportunity for improvement. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate parties, as we are always looking for ways to improve. It is great to hear you found our staff very friendly and helpful. We hope that when traveling back to Winston Salem you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

Nice hotel. Stayed for work reasons, but would definitely stay again. Nice rooms, friendly staff, nice pool and the breakfast was amazing! Nice area with lots to do. Places to eat within walking distance. If this would not have been a stay due to traveling for work I am sure I could have enjoyed the area more. Only got to stay one night.

Date of stay: June 2018

T M,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience! I'ts great to hear you found our hotel staff friendly and breakfast amazing. We truly strive provide exceptional service to each and every guest. We hope that when traveling back to the Winston Salem area we will be your choice in hotel accommodations. Thank you for being our guest, and allowing us the opportunity to earn your business.