“Best stay EVA”

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Franklin, North Carolina
“Best stay EVA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I enjoy every time I have to go to the Dr at Wake Forest, because The Hawthorne makes it possible for me to be able to stay at a discount..Instead of having to drive 4 hrs there and 4 hrs home...I have been coming to The Hawthorne since my first surgery in 1996, and love all the new improvements..The staff are all very kind and friendly..The Hotel it`s self is always immaculate..I have never felt a need to complain about anything...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Radcliff, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I enjoyed staying at the Hawthorne Inn while in Winston-Salem with my brother who was a patient in the Wake Forest University Hospital. Everyone was very helpful and kind especially Robin the hotel front desk registrar. She was very friendly and made my family welcomed. We called the front desk for some extra washclothes and towels and they were delivered right away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Every two years my family and I stay here while we attend the NBTF activities. The hotel is w/in walking distance to the convention center and many restaurants downtown. I strongly encourage all visitors to Winston-Salem to give this hotel a "try."

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed one night here while I was in Winston-Salem for an interview. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The parking was a little awkward and I didn't really like that to get to the guest rooms you had to go down this little staircase to get to the elevators since I had luggage to carry down the stairs and then back up them again to check out. It was just an odd layout. The walls were a little thin, the couple next door were arguing a ton but they did stop before I had to get to bed or I would have asked to be moved. The breakfast in the morning was decent, pretty traditional Southern fare. The room where it is served gets a little tight with all the people eating in there but I took mine up to my room. Bed was comfortable and water pressure was good in my room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was full the weekend of 7/26 – 7/28. I requested 2 towels and 2 wash cloths on Sat. and the lady cleaning my room never got me anything. I called to the front desk and I was told they didn’t have anymore. Something took place during my stay and the police was called and I saw them running through the hotel. It was my family reunion and I will request that it’s never held there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Helena S, Manager at Hawthorne Inn and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Good Morning,
I first want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and I thank you for your continued patronage. I’ve done a complete investigation of your comments and concerns.
The Director of Operations placed a towel order that was delayed. We were sold out and due to the numerous requests for additional towels we were unable to honor some of the requests for a short period of time. When the laundry cycle completed we were then able to honor all requests for additional towels.
I was not aware of the police being called to our property. I called the Winston-Salem Police Department and was told they had no record of being dispatched to our property on the weekend of July 26-28.
Again, I truly apologize for your negative experience and I hope you will allow us to be your host once again while visiting in our area.
Helena Sims
CATAWBA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location near downtown, I-40, trauma center. Offers free shuttle to hospital for those visiting loved ones. Morning breakfast is awesome, ESP when you can get lucky and they have biscuit & gravy!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We very much enjoyed our two night stay at your facility. The staff was very professional and friendly; the property was clean, inviting with warm atmosphere. We do have one suggestion. The sidewalk that runs down the side of the building leading to the handicap parking in the back is not lit at night and there are no handrails for the steps. My husband was walking down the sidewalk from the front to the back and came very close to falling down the steps as he did not realize the sidewalk ended and steps began in the darkness. This area needs to be upgraded for safety.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends