“Pep's 70th B'day”

Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Rahway, New Jersey
“Pep's 70th B'day”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My first time to NC and I had a lovely time. Our stay was nice. The staff was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed twice in the last two months and had a great experience both times. Front desk has been extremely friendly and helpful regarding restaurants, etc.

Room is very clean and amenities are nice. I don't like the quality of the blanket, kind of scratchy, nor the pillows, but I am picky about both.

Restaurant is decent, but there are some great places within walking distance in the downtown area.

Breakfast is good, but the staff person is a little crabby, especially close to closing time. I also wish they would change up the scrambled eggs and sausage a little since it seems to be the same thing every day.
I would, and probably will, stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Smooth communication from reservation to check-out! Got a complimentary upgrade to the suite floor. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. GREAT area. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the 7th floor (suites)....you won't be dissapointed!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Stuart, Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Check in was normal. When we went to our room we found a workmans cart with buckets of paint on it and caulking guns. This should not happen. The next day we were taken to the Hospital by your shuttle. After my surgery, I called for the shuttle and was told it would be there in a few minutes. After a long wait, we called again and was told the same thing. Still after a longer wait a shuttle (not yours) came. He said he didn't know what was happening to yours as he had heard it called for two or three times. He took us back to Hawthorne Inn. It was not pleasant sitting at the pick up point over an hour just after surgery.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2012

During the time of check in, everything was great. At night, it was a chore for my family and I could not get any sleep. I was patience enough in hopes for the noise and the party to die down or minimize, but that did not happen. Around Saturday morning at 1:00 am, the noise, the running, and the music got progressively worst, then finally at 1:30 am I called the front desk and reported my concerns. The front desk told me others had reported the same incident on the seventh floor and security was going to shut them down. It took around 2:15 am when some postive change occurred, but still noise, running, and yelling. Translation, we didn't have a good night sleep or stay. I mentioned my experence at the check out desk before I left, but I felt I got a " blanket " apology with no sincerity to the statement.
Thank you for reading my communication.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Docdex
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The room was clean and had plenty of light. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot, which we enjoyed using. The room service was prompt and the food was very good. The only problem we had was with the bath tub / shower arrangement. We are old and unsteady on our feet. It was dificult getting in and out of the tub. There were no grab bars. We felt unsafe when using the shower and when getting in and out. The tub was lined with a non-slip covering, which was good, but we needed grab bars also. We don't travel much and did not think to ask about the bath accommodations. I don't know if this property has accommodations for the old or handicapped. Next time we will ask.

Room Tip: If you are hadicapped or old, ask for a room with a bath equipped for your needs.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Wonderful accommodations and very caring staff. I would recommend The Hawthorne Inn to anyone staying in the Winston area. Don't miss out on their experience!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family