Hawthorne Inn and Conference Center
  • Pool
Graylyn Estate(Winston Salem)
$259
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Winston-Salem(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$75
$150
$138
$120
$101
Best Western Plus Hanes Mall Hotel(Winston Salem)(Great Value!)
$79
All reviewsold salemwake forestbaptist hospitalshuttle serviceroom was cleanfree breakfastrecommend staying hererefrigerator and microwavea great place to stayvery pleasant staythe staff was friendly and helpfuldowntown areaoff the highwayone night stayfront desk staffwafflesfries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My daughters and I stayed at the Hawthorne Inn last night. The employees were friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and nicely decorated, and the rates were reasonable. My dog, who is house-broken, quiet and well-behaved was with us. The pet fee was a reasonable $15 per night. Before I arrived I was concerned about the safety of walking her late at night in downtown Winston-Salem, but I felt comfortable walking her in the well-lighted parking area of the hotel. We did not try the complimentary breakfast, but it looked nice. The hotel is only blocks away from Salem College and Old Salem. I'd certainly stay again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The Hawthorne Inn is located within an easy walk to downtown and provides some of the amenities of a much pricier hotel. It's an excellent upgrade of an older property and employs skilled and gracious staffing. An easy walk to historic Old Salem and the increasingly lively downtown scene. I recommend to travelling business people and visiting tourists!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sheltolb
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our group booked almost the whole hotel and everything was terrrific, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the banquet food was unbelieveable, we were even shocked at how good it was. Most of all the entire staff is first class, everybody obvioulsy enjoys working at this hotel and it shows.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RBMalloy
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Our room was large and spotless with comfortable beds and climate control. Room service was just average and overpriced but that's to be expected w/room service. The big complaint I have is that you don't really enter the hotel through the "entrance". After pulling up to the front and registering you pull around to the back and bring luggage into what I can't describe as a lobby but a plain elevator landing. It feels like they merged two adjacent buildings to form an ungainly whole. Still, I'd still recommend it as long as you can deal with the peculiar logistics.

Some reviews have complained about cleanliness but ours was great. We had a handicapped room and since we were going to the hospital we may have gotten a preferred accommodation but I'm not sure. I believe it is owned by the hospital.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dmaxdmax
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here while visiting the Dixie Classic Fair and suited my needs perfectly. Close to fair as well as close to highway. Clean rooms and friendly staff. They offered a special rate for fairgoers which was very reasonable. Restaurant in hotel was convenient and food was good.

• Stayed: October 2010