“felt like home”

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
brownstown, pa
“felt like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

The rooms were clean, the breakfast buffet was awesome, and the staff went out of their way for everyone. So friendly! The kids loved the pool, too. The lobby had comfy chairs, a sofa, a big screen tv above the fireplace.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
We are happy to read you had such a nice stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem and that you felt at home. Thank you for such a nice review. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hubert, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were in town for a soccer tournament and enjoyed the space we had in our room. The staff was very helpful prior to our arrival and while we were there. Breakfast was well worth the money. I will stay there everytime we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad to have been able to make your soccer weekend a good one here at the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem. We hope to be seeing you again soon and would like to thank you for your review and for your business.
Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Great attentiive staff to business travelers. I stay here regularly for over a year. Rarely have any issue to comment on. If I do, staff resolved right away. Hotel is maintained. Great location near mall, restaurants and interstate. Would definately stay with family as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for being a return guest here at the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem. Your business and your review are greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit.
Ohio City, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were in Winston-Salem for a medical reason and spent 5 nights at this hotel. I have stayed at Hilton hotels, including Garden Inn's, all over the country (I am Diamond level with Hilton). This is a nice, clean building. The gym facilities are pretty good for a hotel of this side. The rooms are clean and adequate in size. The price is reasonable for a Hilton Garden Inn.

We found the housekeeping staff to be both helpful and very efficient. They made us feel welcome during our stay.

This is in sharp contrast to the restaurant staff. We ate breakfast every morning in the restaurant as that was part of our room rate. We also had dinner one night in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was good: there were both hot and cold breakfast items, including fresh fruit. There were,however, numerous issues with the restaurant service.

We occasionally had to get up from our table to remind a waitress about a part of our order which she had forgotten. On a few of these occasions, we noticed that the waitresses were pre-occupied with talking with other hotel staff, and therefore appeared to have forgotten about our orders.

There was also a recurring problem in which the waitress would reach right across the table while we were enjoying our meal talking to each other in order to remove unused dishes. This happened a number of times and gave us the impression that they wanted us to leave so they could clean up. I found this type of "southern hospitality" perplexing. I note that on one occasion the waitress did apologize for her intrusive behavior.

There were, in addition, problems with the bar staff.

Room Tip: Hotel was relatively quiet, both because of hotel's location and because walls are fairly adequa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ddan7777
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Advance, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

The good: Beautiful hotel!!! Very clean! Located in a quiet area, with easy access to shopping and restaurants. The rooms were close to perfect. I loved having a fridge, microwave, and Kurig in the room. The beds were a little strange. We had no idea they were adjustable, until the next morning when we checked out. It was okay though. If I had to base my stay on the actual hotel and room alone, I would score it a 5.

The bad: I really don't like to write bad reviews, but I felt it very necessary. I will start by saying that the front desk staff was always kind and courteous. Sadly, this was not the case with the breakfast staff. My friend, her daughter, and I decided to have breakfast, at the hotel, the morning we checked out. The food was amazing. The staff we encountered were not. The first server was okay. She went out of her way to make sure my friend's young daughter received exactly what she wanted for breakfast, even though we had explained to the little girl that the hotel probably would not have her special pancakes. We were very appreciative and made sure we told her. The kindness stopped there. We literally felt uncomfotable, while eating. At one point, in the meal, I asked a staff member where I might find some soda, since I don't drink coffee. I was informed I could go to the front desk and purchase it. This would have been fine, if I had not seen the server just bring soda to the table directly behind us. Then, as we were leaving, I smiled and said, "Thank you". Instead of "thank you" or "have a nice day" in return, she simply replied, "Uh huh", in a very unfriendly manner. I smiled and returned to our room. In the room, my friend's 6 year-old daughter asked us why that lady did not like us. I didn't know how to answer her, because we had only spoken to the lady the two times she was short and rude to us. Honestly, I was asking myself the same question. It ended our stay on a very sour note.

Before my bad experience, I would have returned here in a heartbeat. Now, all I can think about is how unwelcomed we all felt.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.
North Charleston, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Poor because of the Bar experience, This was after a bad experience, the Bar Manager was un professional. this was my second time staying at this property, the first experience was excellent. This last experience was not good just because of my initial bar experience traveling numerous hours and wanting to unwind and relax!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

A standard Hilton Garden Inn setup. Hotel seems pretty new as part of the development on the east side of the Hanes Mall. In fact, there is heavy construction next door of an apartment complex, but the walls were soundproofed and we had a nice stay. Breakfast is fine. It's about a 5-mile drive to Wake Forest, where we were headed. We got a good rate and would recommend the hotel. Nice updated room with a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
We are glad you had a good nights rest here at the Hilton Garden Inn Winston Salem. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.