A Marriott should be first class all around] and most of this hotel is just that, but there are some exceptions. Given that I was there for a performance competition at the Convention Center across the street and had a room on the 17th concierge floor, this should have been top notch all around. The room was delightful with the standard comfortable bed and the furniture pleasant. The décor is pleasing and the view was quite nice, The elevators did a good job, moving quickly despite the mobs of competitors queuing up at one time.
Why was it not consistent? The water temperature in the shower was hard to adjust. The refrigerator was not cold and water from the thawed ice cubes spilled out when I checked it. The receptionist when I checked out knew nothing about the parking arrangements and sent me outside to ask a valet, who gave me the wrong information. When I went back to ask a second time, a new receptionist was surprised what I'd been told--i.e., take my car out and have the valet repark it while I ate at the restaurant after checking out--so he gave me a new parking card and removed all parking charges to compensate. Finally, the brunch in the restaurant was ok, but the first server gave us the wrong menu and then the service was very slow though only 3 tables were filled in the restaurant. (Not the hotel's fault, probably, but an alarm sounded at 6 am and we never learned what the problem was, though we were not told to evacuate.)
This unevenness detracted from an otherwise very pleasant stay and may have been caused by the heavy booking for the competition, but still...this is the Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winston-Salem, NC's only full service Marriott Hotel. Conveniently located downtown in the Twin City Quarter. Amenities include 14,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, our signature restaurant, Graze, concierge levels, room service, valet parking, business center, fitness center, glass enclosed indoor pool, in-house audio visual services department and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Winston-Salem Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Winston-Salem Hotel Winston Salem
- Marriott Hotel Winston Salem
- Winston Salem Marriott