“Wonderful Food”

OR
Order Online
Ranked #62 of 769 Restaurants in Winston Salem
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time visit, the staff was very pleasant , I ate the Philly Cheese Steak and it may have been the best I’ve ever eaten!!!! My co worker got the Stromboli and he really liked it. I will def go back!!!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having stated above that it is good place for GF and Vegetarians, I shaved off one star as the menu is rather confusing. It doesn’t make patently clear which dishes can come as GF or veggie, and one has to be careful with dishes like the calamari, as it is not fish but mushrooms. Simply calling things what they actually are is much easier than naming them after what they would be...had they been meat or fish!

Having said that, the food is delicious and well-presented. Although we arrived for Sunday lunch a wee bit late (1.30pm), the joint was still jumping. It’s clear they have a good clientele.

The staff are friendly and helpful, the restaurant bright and cheerful. One drawback is the chairs—they are hard and uncomfortable—not nice for people with hip replacements (like me), but I suppose it is one way to keep the customers from hanging around! However, there are bench seats along the walls, which have cushions.

We would certainly go back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 15, 2019

When we walked into the restaurant we were the only customers there (early lunch). We sat at a wobbly table first and moved a few minutes later. The waitress had already been over twice to ask if we were ready to order before we even had a chance to look at the menu. My friend and I were talking and the waitress interrupted us again to ask if we were ready to order. Did I mention we were the ONLY customers in the place? On her 5th hovering, we ordered. Then another woman came over to ask if everything was alright. Yeah, the water is fine, geeeeez. Our food came and before we even took a bite, our waitress again asked if everything was ok. By now, there was another full table, thank goodness. They did not get the hovering treatment, I noticed.
The final straw with my patience came when the waitress asked if we wanted to go boxes and brought them before we had finished eating. She had to move our pizzas to put the boxes on the table. I was so fed up by then, I put my box on the floor so I could finish my lunch! Seriously, I don't know what we did to the staff to get such rushed/get out of here treatment, but that was my first visit to Mozzarella Fellas and will absolutely be my last!!
The pizza...I ordered the popeye and was expecting it to have some kind of flavor other than milky cheese. But that is all there was to it,,,milky cheese. No salt, no garlic, no red pepper flakes, nothing to cut the clogging effect of too much cheese. I know, who ever heard of too much cheese on a pizza being a problem?? But here, yeah it was. There was no salt or pepper on the table so I had to add parmesan cheese (more cheese) to give it a bit of salt and flavor. No thanks...I prefer my pizza to have a balance of flavors.
Between the lackluster pizza and the rude hovering service, I can go to lots of other restaurants in Winston when I want Italian food.

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

We stopped on a Sunday afternoon and little surprised the closed and then re-opened. A friendly greeting as soon as we entered and immediately seated. The waitress took our drink order and when she brought them, she explained our straws were in our napkin. Metal straws!!! Great move and good to see the move away from plastic. We had a small Caesar salad and a Caprese which were both excellent- fresh lettuce, shaved cheese, plenty of croutons, and just enough of a good tangy dressing. The Caprese was mostly chunks of fresh mozzarella with cherry tomatoes and was good. We had the Margherita pizza which was excellent. Just the right amount of toppings, not greasy, very tasty, plenty of cheese and fresh basil and the crust was perfect. The service was very attentive. It was a great experience and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Wow , if your going for lunch get there early. Place fills up quickly. Server was helpful in making suggestions.Pizza was outstanding. I mean really good , crust was perfectly cooked, had a nice bite, and crunchy crust. we had one that had Mikes Hot Honey and whipped ricotta on top . damn …..………...