Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“NEEEVER AGAIN!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I agree with UtahMarty. Staff was pleasant until I went back to the office after entering my room and showed them pictures I had just taken on my phone of the nasty carpet, the hair and spots all on the sheets, the peeling of the walls and floor in the bathroom, the unwiped counters in the kitchenette. But to top things off it was pair of pants in the bottom drawer of the dresser. After seeing all the pictures the young man got quite nasty and said they couldn't do nothing about all that I needed to call customer service. So I did and they offered me a free night of stay that I never recieved.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank S_collins35
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, October 16, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I was disheartened to read that your room was not up to par with our hotel standards. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again; my team will ensure that each room is inspected again before being assigned to a guest. I would like to offer you a 'Be Our Guest' certificate for a one night stay at any Extended Stay America in the US.

We continually work to improve our hotel; I truly appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at wsh2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The customer service was excellent! Friendly and helpful front desk staff. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Great deal for the money. Good location, close to the mall and several nice restaurants, however having a kitchen and full size fridge made it easy to eat in as well. Free WiFi was a bonus! The room was big and it was obvious it had just been renovated. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone that doesn't require a "high end" hotel, although it is alot nicer than many of the other hotel chains I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a great experience during your stay and that you found the room to be clean, comfortable and quiet.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Extended Stay America in Winston Salem, NC is an outstanding value for the money. It is all one needs for a comfortable, relaxing and economical stay. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The free breakfast and coffee is simple and plain, but very good. The coffee is very good.

Room Tip: All rooms in my experience are good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WSH0370, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, April 2, 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The location was very convenient to shopping at Hanes Mall and nearby stores. And there are some excellent restaurants close by as well which almost made up for the room. Not that it was that bad, just disappointing. I expected a bigger room for some reason, but it did have a kitchenette area for cooking or heating leftovers plus a dining table as well. But the bathroom and sleeping area felt a little cramped. Service was fine and they did have a laundry room for guest's use. But like some other reviews mentioned, there just something about thte building that's a turnoff. It just seems dingy and dirty no matter what.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
WSH0370, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here at our property. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest that walks through our doors, which is why we value the honest feedback from our guests. We strive to provide a “home away from home” experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. Again, I would like to thank you for you honest feedback so we can focus our efforts where they are needed.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I really liked the service given to me here at the extended stay. Lisa, especially, is very nice and will make sure your stay is enjoyable. I was able to sleep well, and the TV is better than expected, although the channel lineup isn't that great. The kitchenette is everything you need when you need to stay here for quite a long time. Here is the bad thing...the first few days of my stay, I received a lot of bug bites. I did let them know and they took care of it right away. After that, I did not get anymore bites. If it wasn't for the pleasant service, this rating would have been lower. I was on a budget and this was the best deal I got at the time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, November 13, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

In response to your comments about the pests, we have inspected all rooms and completed any necessary services to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Park City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was booked here by my company and ended up paying the difference out of pocket to stay somewhere (actually anywhere) else. I can't fault the dirty room since lack of maid service is part of the ESA concept but this place was literally falling apart. Stairwells roped off with caution tape, vending machines that had been attacked with chisels, DOA microwave, frazzled carpeting and bedding and in the bathroom what seemed to be actual spots of blood on the walls. Add indifferent management and this amounts to the most ghetto motel I've had the misfortune to stay in.

Room Tip: I'd heard that some of the ground floor rooms had been 'renovated' but in the case of th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank UtahMarty
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd., responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I checked in today. Our normal place was booked. So far I have removed 3 bugs. One was on the stained curtains (spider), one was flying over my head (mosquito) when I laid on the bed, and one (beatle looking) from the conforter. The carpets are horribly stained and there are cobwebs in the lampshades. In order to give my 2yr old son a bath, I had to clean the tub first- removing 5 black hairs. When I went to dry him off, there was a long black hair on the towel. The blanket has tons of stains and some kind of gunk stuck on it, maybe gum? The coffee pot is gross, good thing I don't drink coffee. We were told when we checked in we wouldn't have housekeeping. There is a note in the bathroom stateing you only get housekeeping if you stay 7 days or longer, and then it's only once a week. The airconditioning unit has food in the vents. The walls have yellow drip stains (looks like nicotine stains).
Also, you do get free Wii Fi, but be prepared it's only one bar. When you type in the password, they ask you to pay more if you want faster/better conection.
I did read just now on their webcites that they have "stylish" rooms you can pay more for, Maybe that's where the good removes come from.
I gave this place 2 stars because how cheap is was, but it's true- you get what you pay for.
Also, be aware there is no elevator. You have to carry your lugage up stairs.

Room Tip: bring your own bedding, I wouldn't sleep on these.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Winston-Salem - Hanes Mall Blvd.. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.