“FRIENDLY AND FLEXIBLE!”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“FRIENDLY AND FLEXIBLE!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Several friends and I stayed at this Residence Inn during the Thanksgiving weekend, and as I was cleaning my purse out I found the card and couldn't help but smile upon remembering the great service and flexibility that were offered. I can't say enough about the staff. They are friendly and flexible, more than helpful, just delightful. When I came in with a huge piece of luggage at nearly midnight, DeCarlos was more than happy to help me get it upstairs. Courtny was one of the housekeepers who did the best job of offering extra towels, etc. When we checked out Karina and I had an opportunity to have a great conversation. She had a pleasant and very patient personality. The free breakfast is a plus, both for the good food and the friendly ladies with the hook up! I enjoy this place tremendously. Great for a relaxed time with friends.

Room Tip: There are really no bad rooms here, but if you have mobility constraints, you want to be as close to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
AGM2010, General Manager at Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Julianne,

We can’t thank you enough for such a kind review. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy so many amenities of the Hotel and more importantly interact with so many of our staff. They really love getting this feedback and it is always a pleasure sharing the holidays with guests such as you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Shout out to DeCarlos! (front desk clerk) Everyone went above and beyond while myself and family stayed and visited me after I had my breast cancer surgery. this staff is surely a winner. Its nice to be made to feel right at home from check in time to check out time. breakfast and managers reception was good and plentiful!! We were so impressed, we booked another room ! De Carlos you are the man!

• Stayed December 2013
I spoke with DeCarlos about this review and I was so pleased to hear the story. Thank you very much for sharing with so many other travelers and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We love this hotel. Our daughter attends Wake Forest University so we stay here often. My favorite is the free breakfast and “The Breakfast Ladies” They are always there waiting for you with a smile, always wanting to go above and beyond.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom with my mother in law and it worked great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
From the Breakfast Ladies.....We loved having you and can't wait to have you back!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our stay here was very pleasant, and I look forward to revisiting next time I'm in town. Great value (with our senior discount) for all that was available. Clean, comfortable, well furnished room. Very friendly, gracious, helpful staff. And convenient to nearby commercial area and the university. Easy parking too. Abundant and delicious hot breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Entrance to the room is outside, so, just for ease of access, I would request a location closest to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you! We look forward to you coming back real soon.
Clemmons
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had the misfortune of having to recover from left rotator cuff repair shoulder surgery for Thanksgiving this 2013 and was unable to do this at my home. This Residence Inn had absolutely everything I needed. Alicia Perry (Director of Sales & Marketing) was so kind and helped me pick the right room and quietest location on the property. My best friend stayed with me there for 3 weeks postop, where I was in a sling and pretty dependent on her for most of that time. I picked the 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite, 2 story suite (really cool). Full kitchen, granite counter tops, ALL appliances, flat screens in all rooms, great blackout curtains, sliding doors off master bedroom....etc. Very clean, very quiet. The staff was perfect. Always attentive and there for me whenever I needed anything. I never had to wait for anything that I asked for. Heck, the dishwasher broke briefly and Jetta was there within 30 minutes hand washing them for me. Seriously. Kenny was just as nice when he came to repair it. I could always depend on Austin and Brittany at the front desk to cheer me up when I was wandering around the lobby in my PJ's for a little walk. I know I am probably forgetting to mention someone, let's just say that everyone there took care of me and helped me get well. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: My room number was 924, on the very back of the property, very private and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly,

We are very glad you decided to stay with us during such an unsettling time. All of us are aware that the best place to recover is in the comforts of your home and hopefully we are a close second! We are just pleased that we had the opportunity to meet with you and connect on a personal level.

Please keep us posted on your progress and stop in the next time you are in the area!
Christiansburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 22, 2013

What a great place! Clean, safe, and friendly. The room was a nice size. There was even a bag of complementary microwave popcorn. Those Breakfast Ladies were great - they filed our tummies and enriched our souls. I highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: We loved the room on the lower floor. Very quiet and easily accessible.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire Hotel (specifically the "Breakfast Ladies") THANK YOU!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Cheery smiles and pleasant conversation welcome me each morning from Betty, Wanda, and Theresa, the "breakfast ladies".
My husband and I have been guests since October and we really appreciate the wonderful breakfast items, but more than that the excellent service at all levels in this hotel.
Brittany, at the front desk, provides excellent service, no matter what I need.
We are going home for the holidays, but will return in January.
Caroline

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Caroline,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and are so glad you are back with us!