I've stayed here twice, in 2011 and 2012. The hotel is being worked on, and some of the rooms are not rentable. The biggest problem is parking; the construction crew has appropriated at least 1/3 of the spots! But the rooms are nice, and the hotel is being upgraded.
The rooms are your standard Residence Inn design; all the rooms are one large suite, no doors. Each room I've seen has a desk with Lamp and chair, a sofa bed, a coffee table, a king bed, a full kitchen with table and three chairs, a TV (Not HD) on a chest of drawers, two large closets, an ensuite sink and dressing area, and a medium-sized, separate bathroom for the toilet and shower (I like to call these "Water Closets"). The W/C has lots of good lighting, exhaust, and a heat lamp, but just one towel rack and NO shelves! Shelves would be handy in keeping my toiletries away from my two-year-olds.
Honestly, the room last year was a little dingy, and it's obvious that they've upgraded a lot. Still, it's an R.I. with lots of foot traffic. The handle to our terrace was half snapped off, there's some extra caulk around the bathroom because to cover settliing cracks, but it really looks like they're trying to keep the place up.
They appear to be upgrading the terraces, which exist on every room, with Trex flooring and railings. I think the terraces are great, very secure, but no seating out there.
I notice that they'll shop for you, so if you are here a while on business that might work for you. The full-size kitchen (Fridge, microwave, Oven and DW) is really great with two kids.
This is a completely non-smoking hotel.
I like it. I'd stay here again. It's roomy, the staff is friendly and helpful, and they have WiFi.
Breakfast included. Nothing to write home about, but the scrambled eggs were good, and the food was fresh. All the usual carbs: Waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, bananas, as well as apples, yogurt, and some really rubbery sausage. But mostly good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes away from Wake Forest University, WSSU, and downtown Winston-Salem, the Residence Inn Winston-Salem hotel’s also near local businesses like Hanes Brands, AON, Reynolds American, Pepsi, and BB&T. Our Winston-Salem Marriott hotel’s suites offer a fully equipped kitchen as well as spacious living and sleeping areas, which include our new luxurious bedding that will rival the coziness of your own bed. Start your day with our complimentary hot buffet breakfast in our Winston-Salem hotel’s gatehouse. Also located in our Residence Inn Winston-Salem gatehouse are our meeting room, fitness center, and business center. Have your own computer? Our Winston-Salem Marriott provides free wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Take advantage of our Winston-Salem hotel’s pool, heated spa, sport court, and complimentary use of the local YMCA to melt tensions away. End your day with our Residence Inn Winston-Salem Marriott complimentary evening social or a late night snack from our market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Residence Inn Winston-Salem University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Winston-Salem Hotel Winston Salem
- Winston Salem Residence Inn