“very good value”

Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bayern
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This sleep inn is located right off the Interstate and very close to Hanes Mall in Winston Salem. An Applebees is within walking distance. A bunch of other nice restaurants in short driving distance.
The staff was okay and efficient checkin me in. The rooms are clean but a little small and worn out. But okay for that price. The matress was somekind of soft but still okay.
You got a medium size flat screen TV, a microwave and a fridge in the room.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the backside because the Interstate is pretty close to the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank uglyone2002
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here on our way to the beach. The hotel was nice and clean. Our room was well equipped, had a wonderful shower. Nicer water pressure than the Hilton I stayed at last month. Actually had a nice breakfast. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I picked this motel because of the pictures showing attractive rooms. However, I found a burned cigarette hole in the bed cover. In a non smoking room! Plus the coffee was terrible. I brought these items to the desk clerk's attention, who said I would have to talk to the manager to receive any compensation or credit on a future stay. I called him and he never responded. Therefore, I'm saying not to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was astonished by this very well presented hotel, I stayed there only as a last minute convenient place, but it was very clean, with excellent amenities and a good breakfast (pastries were fresh, very unusual these days) but at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am from Winston and come to town to visit family a few times a year. I had previously stayed at The Hampton Inn on University which is very nice and clean but for a trip longer than a day or two it gets a little pricey. I am very picky about hotels so I was very reluctant to try a new place but this hotel was exactly half the price of the Hampton Inn and all the reviews were good so I booked it. When we arrived a very friendly man checked us in and informed us that since the time that we had booked our reservation that the hotel was now running a special so he canceled our reservation and re booked us for the same room only at $10 cheaper a night! When we got to our room I was very impressed it was very clean and neat and everything looked fairly new. The king size bed was really comfortable and the desk clerk was happy to find us an extra blanket upon request. They also had a huge variety for breakfast a lot more than I am used to seeing. House keeping came in every day (and not at 8am either which was nice!) unless we had the do not disturb sign up and on those days we never had trouble finding house keeping in the hallway to get anything we needed. It seemed like housekeeping was working 24/7 and it showed. Overall I was very impressed and I don't see wasting my money staying anywhere else on future visits to Winston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amber H
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Sleep in is convenient to the Hanes Mall, Forsyth Memorial Hospital and Thruway shopping center. The lodging was clean, reasonably priced and the management above average. The manager I encountered was consistent, allowed me to extend my stay and showed professionalism. The breakfast room was well stocked and uncrowded.

Room Tip: avoid the I40 side
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo