“Could have been better.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn Hanes Mall

Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Fort Washington Md
“Could have been better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked this hotel because they offered a rollaway bed. When we arrived at hotel it was around 2:30pm I was that our room woild not be ready until 3pm which was ok because we were at little early for check in anyway. I retured to count to check in at 3:11pm and after I paid for our room the guy was said your room should be ready which that confused me but any way we went to our room 224 before we could get off the elevator the guy from front desk was come around the corner to and he opens the room door with his key first and then went in to check to see if room was clean he informed me that he would be bring me a rollaway bed shorlty (mind you I just paid for this). After a hour goes by I call front desk to ask him was he still bringing the extra bed and he said yes I will bring it in a little while. We had besides me and my husband we had 3 boys and my daughter who the rollaway was for we where all tired fron traveling here but was unable to rest up because my daughter didnt have her bed:-( When we were leaving hotel around5pm we walked pass the front desk a the guy was just sitting there I reminded him again that we still need our rollaway and he said I will leave it in your room and that was it (no I am sorry for the inconvenient s or anything) I had to pay extra for this rollaway. When we returned to room around 10:45pm the bed was in our room. The location of our room was right across from elevator and storage room so it was very loud the bathroom was ok because we where only taking showers anyway but the door for the bathroom was horrible it dont even lock. I decided that I will not ever stay at this hotel and I wish I had booked at a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the Sleep Inn. Good first impression. We got there before check in time and they found a room that was ready. Did notice that the trash from breakfast hadn't been emptied.

The room was spotless! I was glad they had a rubber shower rug. But even with the floor rug the bathroom was slippery.

Breakfast was fine as well.

Would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the interstate. We didn't think to do that.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The water was shut off for whatever maintenance/repair. No problem. It's just I was not informed.
It was a planned event . They told me as I checked out that they evening people told people...yet they didnt tell me. She said I had a paper put under my door the evening. I did not.
I even spoke with the manager in the morning and asked for my choice elite-late check out perk. She didnt mention it then...all of this is "things happen"...but when I asked about it--missed a meeting, etc. I was told that it was my fault. --that I had been informed, and that the manager said "I am unable to adjust the room rate" I was sad--I wrote her statement out and asked her to sign it--she refused and got angry , threatened to call police--and threw me out. I called choice that day--they said i would be contacted. I have not been contacted.
Very Very disappointed. The building was great-the night clerk was polite..the manager had NO concern or customer service!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

As a Lifetime Elite Gold Choice Privileges member, I am pleased to recommend Sleep Inn at Hanes Mall to all travelers. The franchise owner, Alpa Patel, represents the highest standard of excellence in hotel management. Alpa, her husband, and the entire staff are simply the best! From the breakfast menu, to the cleanliness of the rooms, to the proximity to other businesses and the interstate, to the smiling faces that greet you each stay, you just can't beat it at any price! Alpa is constantly making décor changes and updating the entire facility to make it fresh and exciting for every visit. No mater whether it's business, vacation, or any occasion, you can depend on these folks to welcome you with southern hospitality at it's finest!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Outer Banks, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were decent and comfortable, but could use a little updating. The shower was really nice. The location was right off the highway, so it was convienient but a ltttle noisy. Overall clean and a good deal for the price.

• Stayed January 2013
Madison, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked my hotel through Farm Bureau Ins.I called the hotel before booking and was given a great deal of help from Tim at the desk. He's the one reason I rated this hotel as excellent. But the hotel is a little remote and my wife did have a beggar ask her for money when we checked in but after two days there I felt safe with the area. The hotel is very close to the mall and many resturants and other type stores.The hotel room was very clean and the breakfast area was kept very clean and was had a very good selection for this star hotel. The front desk and cleaning staff was very helpful if you asked for anything. I had a small dog and Tim provided me with a room very close to the outside exit on the side of the hotel which was very convientent.I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kenly, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed here one night a week for about two years on business, VERY CLEAN, GREAT STAFF, breakfast every morning, several resturants within walking distance (red lobster, tgifridays, olive garden, texas roadhouse ect... and hanes mall. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business