“Great Place to stay”

Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The ladies from our church spent the night there and the room was great and the clerk whose name is Tim Williams was very helpful and made us fell so welcome also helped with directions to our destination.Jones was also very nice to us.Thank you Sleep Inn of Winston Salem, N.C.!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Virginia M

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place is really a hidden gem, first of all the price is very low cost. I was surprised to see that my room as very clean and the hotel looked as if it had been recently modeled, complete with new paint, shower, and carpeting. The hotel is right off interstate 40 and near restaurants and delivery is available from a few places, so you do not have to worry about finding a decent place to eat. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had an issue with their provided printer and the check in person printed off my directions without hesitation. The free breakfast was decent also. Do not spend alot of money in Winston Salem, stay here for less than 90 dollars a night!

Room Tip: Book earlier and if you want a quieter room as for one on the side facing the other hotels.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Myself and wife stayed one night at the Sleep Inn- Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem the night of 9/22/2012. I am also a gold member with Choice Hotels, and this particular stay on a Saturday night was probably our most disappointing with Choice Hotels. Our room was clean and well equipped, but evidently a room or rooms across from our room (112) conducted an all night party. We were able to sleep most of the night, but in the morning when we came out, we witnessed human throw up on the carpet at the entry way for the room across from ours. This particular Sleep Inn may be better suited for quests on week days, but it may be a haven for party goers on weekends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed at the Sleep Inn last year for a convention and had a great experience, but nothing over the top. I was back in Winston-Salem again this year for a convention and initially wanted to stay at the Sleep Inn, but unfortunately they were booked, so I made reservations at another hotel. When I arrived, the other hotel was in a bad neighborhood, I was given a smoking room when I asked for non-smoking, and my room was infested with ants and a few spiders. I complained to that hotel's management, but they were less than enthusiastic about killing the ants or treating the room to get the smoke out.

Desperate, I called the Sleep Inn to see if they had any last-minute cancellations, and Tim answered the phone. He was patient as I explained my situation, and sympathetic to my problems. He had actually just had a cancellation, and there was a room available. However, I didn't couldn't immediately book the room, but Tim was willing to hold the room for me under his name, and he gave me detailed directions to get from the awful side of town I was on and to the Sleep Inn. It was late, but when I got there, Tim was on the lookout, waiting for me when I walked through the doors, and it was the smoothest check-in without a reservation that I have ever had. I even had to go back out to the store, and he again gave clear directions to a store that would still be open. And though it was late, the hotel was full, so Tim had plenty to do and people pulling him in different directions, but he was still patient and quick to respond to everyone.

The next morning, I was surprised to see Tim still there, thinking that a morning crew would come in and be at the front desk. But he was there, just as calm and helpful as he had been the evening before. In addition to keeping an eye on the breakfast area, he also had a stack of directions on the counter (in English and Spanish!) from the hotel to the place where we were having our convention. That's exactly what I needed-- I had directions from my old hotel, but not the Sleep Inn. Though many would have that covered, there were several like me who needed that extra help.

The Sleep Inn is a great, clean hotel. The continental breakfast is good and they keep food stocked. The beds are incredibly soft and there are plenty of soft pillows on the beds. For the price, it's probably the best sleep you'll have outside of your own bed. Though the bathroom and shower is a little small, the fridge and microwave in every room (rather than having to ask for it) has enough space and gives you everything you need. As I said initially, I liked the Sleep Inn last year anyway, and I would have rated it as "Very Good." But because of Tim's great help and personal service this year, this hotel gets an "Excellent." I was there for three nights, and each time I saw him, there was a good mix of courteous small talk and business, i.e. making sure I didn't need anything and ensuring my stay was the best one possible. Sleep Inn: keep Tim around, give him what he wants, let him show others a thing or two, and you'll continue having a loyal customer in this traveler each year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a group of construction guys in several rooms around us. They were loud, rude, and carried on until well after midnight. We complained to the front desk, things got quiet for about 15 minutes, and the noise started again.
The room was not very clean, many stains on the comforters and floor, and very dusty. Bathroom was very clean but shower is tiny. Also not enough shelf space for shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razor, etc.
Sorry, but won't stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan and Gitte S
Reviewed July 29, 2012

we were passing thru and decided to try this place out, wow!! so clean and well maintained and very quiet considering close to interstate and the breakfast the next morning was as good as I have ever had in a hotel. very good experience and next time we are on I40 in this area will for sure look this place up again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna9080
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel was very clean, staff was also very nice. I will always stay at this hotel when ever I'll visit WInston Salem. If I can get the same service staying at this Sleep Inn which I get at the other expensive hotel why would I not stay here. You get your bang for your buck.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family