“Sleepless night”

Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a group of construction guys in several rooms around us. They were loud, rude, and carried on until well after midnight. We complained to the front desk, things got quiet for about 15 minutes, and the noise started again.
The room was not very clean, many stains on the comforters and floor, and very dusty. Bathroom was very clean but shower is tiny. Also not enough shelf space for shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razor, etc.
Sorry, but won't stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan and Gitte S

Reviewed July 29, 2012

we were passing thru and decided to try this place out, wow!! so clean and well maintained and very quiet considering close to interstate and the breakfast the next morning was as good as I have ever had in a hotel. very good experience and next time we are on I40 in this area will for sure look this place up again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna9080
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel was very clean, staff was also very nice. I will always stay at this hotel when ever I'll visit WInston Salem. If I can get the same service staying at this Sleep Inn which I get at the other expensive hotel why would I not stay here. You get your bang for your buck.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our way back from a beach vacation. Looks to be recently updated, and we got a great price!!

Quiet place behind the main drag of a mall. We checked in late, but seems like there is a lot to do if you come in town earlier.

Room Tip: Seems like they might all be updated.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This property was supposedly highly rated. When we stayed there, both my wife and I were let down and disappointed! For starters, my wife (who is a software engineer) could not get the wireless internet to work. She knew more than the voice on the other end of the phone claimed to know about the hotel system. We generally dislike hotels where they farm the internet management out to a company. The voice was probably in a different country and could not get my wife connected. The room also smelled musty and was generally shabby in appearance. Avoid this hotel if you want to breathe.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay away from the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nukenight1
Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you're here to relax, visit your family or spend time with your love one, I strongly recommend. If you're here on business, I wouldn't recommend more than a night's stay.

PROS: Despite being near the busy Hanes Mall area, the hotel is quiet, and so are the rooms. The beds are soft, comfortable, and the best sleep I've had at a hotel in a while. The front desk staff are nice, kind and incredibly helpful, also the best I've had in years. Exercise facilities are good, breakfast is your typical waffle, cereal, fruit, etc.

CON: The internet is awful and that cause me to knock down my overall rating an entire star. During my 3-night stay, I couldn't maintain a connection for more than a few minutes at a time, no matter what wireless router you choose. Same thing with the downstairs computer. If you run your own business like I do and the internet is your lifeline, it's not a conducive environment to get much done.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank archiphoto
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This Sleep Inn is tucked out of the way down a cul de sac behind the shopping mall with large trucks parked nearby. I40 is across the roadway on the other side of the fence. Not the greatest of locations. However, this was more than made up with the generous size and the cleanliness of the rooms. The bedding was decent quality and fresh and clean. We did like the walk in shower. The breakfast was one of the better healthier ones we have come across. Good value for money. Don’t let the first impressions put you off staying.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple