“Excellent Stay”

Sleep Inn Hanes Mall
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I spent in the weekend in Winston-Salem for the MEAC tornamet and enjoyed my stay at the Sleep Inn Hanes Mall. It was very clean and staff was courteous. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Winston-Salem Area. I will stay here the next time my family is this area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lolita S

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I normally stay at another hotel in Winston-Salem but there was a college basketball tournament in town so the room rates were much higher than normal so I had to find something more reasonable so I gave the Sleep Inn a try.

This hotel is convenient to lots of shopping & restaurants and is back off the main roads. It backs up to the backside of a shopping center so I thought it would be quiet and it was till 5:45am the next morning (a Thursday) when the trash man showed up to empty the dumpsters behind the stores in the shopping center. He not only emptied them but he had to shake the devil out of them to make sure he got every last piece of trash. Now obviously, this is no fault of the hotel but you would think that they would give a Platinum Choice Privledges member a room on the other side of the hotel.

The room was pretty clean except for when I dropped my cell phone and reached under the edge of the bed and found a pecan & candy wrapper. On the plus side I did find a quarter! I went to put some drinks in the fridge only to find it not working but later discovered it wasn't plugged in. The exercise room was ok and the equipment was in fair shape. The breakfast room pretty tight from a space standpoint and the selection was ok but not as good as other Sleep Inns I have stayed in.

Overall, I would probably continue to stay at my first choice (Fairfield Inn) when their rate is back to normal but this would be a decent second choice for the money. Just make sure it's not garbage pick up day or either get a room that doesn't back up to the shopping center.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GRofVA
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Based on the good reviews we decided to stay here. Room is very clean and quiet. Bed linens were petfect. Lots of towels. The morning coffee was spot on.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The owners are some of the most wonderful, caring, professional people we have met in our travels. The hotel was very clean, the breakfast coffee always hot and good. We plan on staying here every time we visit family

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank k15p22
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I just wanted to say that I had an enjoyable time at this hotel the weekend. Even though I could not get the internet on my laptop the weekend. I just wanted to say thank you to "James" for going out of his way to make sure that I could get the internet. He was even going to move me to another room to try and make sure my internet worked. Thank you so much "James". I will come back again and stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Otherwise it's the best hotel (without a pool) I've ever stayed at. I've stayed here 5+ times over the years with NO complaints. Take this time , I made an internet reservation for a single bed, non smoking room but messed up the the date. So when I arrived the reservation did not show up. Not only did she gladly re booked me she up graded my room for free (loyalty club member). (Now try THAT at the airport).
Now for the mall traffic. I found that the fastest to get into the hotel is to approach from the south on Stratford Rd (US 158). Here's a tip from an ex-resident of the city. Burke Mill Rd parallels Haines Mill Mall Rd between Silas Creek Pkwy and Stratford Rd and takes only 4 minutes instead of 30-45 min during peak holiday shopping periods.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter (away from I-40).
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank xtc663
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We traveled to W-S for a pre-holiday getaway. We had a full itinerary for both Saturday and Sunday so we needed a hotel that provided easy access to main roads and met our budgetary standards. The Sleep Inn was perfect for our needs. It was clean, quiet, and in good repair. The walk-in shower was very spacious but I can see how families with small children would be disappointed to discover that there was no bathtub. The bathroom had a pocket door, which might be too noisy for those who are light sleepers. Neither of these was a problem for us, but I thought it worth mentioning.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple