Days Inn Winston Salem North
Hampton.com
$114
$123
Hampton.com
Kimpton Cardinal Hotel(Winston Salem)
$211
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'm from Winston-Salem, but not real familiar with this part of time. Reviews gave me the courage to give it a try as I was looking for a terrific price and yet a decent hotel. I'm a "bed snob", so that and cleanliness are my first requirements. The location feels slightly sketchy. I had to check in very late, and talking to the desk clerk through a "drive through like" window was an experience. It made me a but uneasy that it was a high crime area, but ive been here 4 days and it doesn't feel so bad. I have been very pleased overall. The bed is better than I've found in hotels costing twice as much. They put me on the backside of the hotel and it was very quiet, the room was clean, although the decor wasn't the most updated. Breakfast is minimal, but for the price I paid, I can understand. I have been very comfortable here, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Quiet on the backside
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is located off the Interstate/Highway --- but really not too much around except some fast food places where you can drive to (too far to walk).

We stayed on a ground floor room for 2 nights in a "non smoking room" that smelled of smoke.
Unfortunately, we booked via Expedia in advance, otherwise we would have certainly cancelled the 2nd night.

Here are our comments:

1. air conditioner worked well, but half of the grill was missing and it was VERY NOISY (unfortunately, you have to keep it on throughout the night when it's >30 degrees celsius outside)
2. bathroom was dirty, poorly lit and badly maintained - bolts were missing from the base of the toilet, bathtub had mildew in the corners and chips in the enamel of the tub
3. carpet was dirty
4. beds were old and you could feel the springs in the mattress
5. if you are on the ground floor, you hear other guests walking by and every word of their conversation
6. continental breakfast consisted of coffee, cereal, mini-donuts, mini-muffins and toast
Average rates around $50-60/night. This place is NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!
An extra $10-15/night will get you a much nicer, cleaner hotel inside the city of Winston Salem!!! Try Quality Inn or Microtel for a better experience!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are noisy! You can hear every word of the conversation if someone is talking or even just walking by your door.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Carol The Innkeeper was awesome. Rooms were clean service was excellent. I was there visiting a friend in his last days with his fight with cancer. This hotel offered me a place that was quiet with a clean place to rest at night. I was there for 3 nights.

Room Tip: The back side of hotel is the quietest.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This is an older hotel but it was in good condition & very clean. The rates were affordable & the staff was friendly...we will stay here again !

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed September 30, 2010

This place is a cesspool. Infested with all manner of insects, dirty, and the rooms stink of urine. We felt unsafe. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business