“Holiday break”

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Martinez, Georgia
“Holiday break”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Second time to stay here during a holiday. Great staff clean place lives up to hampton inn quality. Location by best buy, sports academy an Barnes an nobles by highway but rooms are quiet. Breakfast good an changes some each day

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times and are always pleased. The staff is super; the rooms are large and spotlessly clean; the breakfast area is attractive and the food is really good. The location of this Hampton is ideal with many shops and stores nearby as well as a number of very good restaurants from which to choose.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. Our Super Staff is the real heart of this hotel, and we are all glad you picked up on the welcoming atmosphere. Now that our renovations are complete it is hard to believe we are almost 2 decades old and still at the top of the Winston-Salem hotel market! We hope to see you again soon.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since September. The staff is exceptional and the facilities are great. I especially like the size of the exercise area. It is not cramped like most of the hotels I stay at. The rooms are nice and they have a good selection of digital tv channels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are happy you enjoyed the expanded fitness facility. Our two treadmills, elliptical, exercise bike and free weights get a lot of use, and the ample space makes it more convenient when we have several people exercising at once. Hopefully you will be back to stay with us in the near future. Have a happy holiday season.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just here for one night, but very good location, nice fitness center and easy access to restaurants. Also, very helpful desk staff. I left an article of clothing behind, and Paula very promptly found it and mailed it back to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad your package arrived quickly and that your stay with us was memorable. We hope you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Indonesia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed there for 6 nights during the furniture show.

The service is stand out, staff are very motivated, welcoming and happily accommodate any query. They even have supply of ear plugs for light sleepers.

The breakfast is delicious and has decent variations, I do still enjoy my breakfast until the last day. It has more choices than HI Express Greensboro, where I stayed last time.
I love its muffins and hot offers, especially sausages.
They provide take away breakfast and bottled water for people in rush each morning, which is really thoughtful and customer oriented idea.
Every late afternoon, they provide free brownies, which are really delicious.

Just by the main entrance, in front of reception, they provide complimentary hot drinks which are warming up my relatively cool weather there.

Rooms and throughout the hotel are always clean and well maintained. I just consider its ceiling is slightly too low. The bed is comfy, although unfortunately I couldn't sleep well during my stay, fully because of disturbingly snored colleague and my jet lag.

Location wise, if you don't have a car, frankly it is slightly a walk to nearest restaurants, even more to Hanes mall. It is not as close as its look in google map.
Also, Winston Salem is further to the airport and High Point than Greensboro.

Overall, it was an excellent stay. Salute for all your kind and motivated staff!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our property. The High Point Furniture Market events in the spring and fall are a very busy time for our hotel, and we appreciate you summing up your stay with us. Our hotel may not be the closest to High Point, but I feel we make up for it with our outstanding staff, our proximity to the attractions in Winston-Salem, and our newly renovated hotel. We look forward to seeing you again next market.

New Jersey
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed at both Hampton Inns in Winston-Salem, one being in the University area on Summit Square and this one by Hanes Mall. While both were excellent, the staff here was very friendly. This also is very clean, comfortable bed, interior is beautiful, staff very welcoming, accomadating and outgoing. I would stay at either of these Hamptons again. Both are great locations depending if you want to be closer to the University or the mall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for such kind words regarding our hotel and the Hampton Inn and Suites located on the other side of town. I really think it says a lot for our brand of hotels when the top two hotels in the area, as listed by Trip Advisor, are both Hamptons. Now that we are wrapping up our renovations we are aiming for that top slot, and we have the property and friendly staff to get us there. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Bryan Haugh, Assistant General Manager
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Long time Diamond member, but I have never stayed at this property until this week. WOW! Very nice job on renovations. The outdoor sitting area by the pool is a nice feature as most hotels don't have a place where you can relax and get fresh air. Check-in was great, room was great. Lots of outlets by the bed including USB ports. Love that I could hook up everything in one place!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Missy S
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated property. As you mentioned, the power cubes located on the night stands are great for charging all of your gadgets while on a trip without having to hunt for available outlets. We have been very happy with them and the feedback they have received since we installed them during our upgrade. If you are ever back in our area we hope you are able to stay with us again.

Bryan Haugh, Assistant General Manager.