“Great experience”

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just here for one night, but very good location, nice fitness center and easy access to restaurants. Also, very helpful desk staff. I left an article of clothing behind, and Paula very promptly found it and mailed it back to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad your package arrived quickly and that your stay with us was memorable. We hope you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed there for 6 nights during the furniture show.

The service is stand out, staff are very motivated, welcoming and happily accommodate any query. They even have supply of ear plugs for light sleepers.

The breakfast is delicious and has decent variations, I do still enjoy my breakfast until the last day. It has more choices than HI Express Greensboro, where I stayed last time.
I love its muffins and hot offers, especially sausages.
They provide take away breakfast and bottled water for people in rush each morning, which is really thoughtful and customer oriented idea.
Every late afternoon, they provide free brownies, which are really delicious.

Just by the main entrance, in front of reception, they provide complimentary hot drinks which are warming up my relatively cool weather there.

Rooms and throughout the hotel are always clean and well maintained. I just consider its ceiling is slightly too low. The bed is comfy, although unfortunately I couldn't sleep well during my stay, fully because of disturbingly snored colleague and my jet lag.

Location wise, if you don't have a car, frankly it is slightly a walk to nearest restaurants, even more to Hanes mall. It is not as close as its look in google map.
Also, Winston Salem is further to the airport and High Point than Greensboro.

Overall, it was an excellent stay. Salute for all your kind and motivated staff!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our property. The High Point Furniture Market events in the spring and fall are a very busy time for our hotel, and we appreciate you summing up your stay with us. Our hotel may not be the closest to High Point, but I feel we make up for it with our outstanding staff, our proximity to the attractions in Winston-Salem, and our newly renovated hotel. We look forward to seeing you again next market.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed at both Hampton Inns in Winston-Salem, one being in the University area on Summit Square and this one by Hanes Mall. While both were excellent, the staff here was very friendly. This also is very clean, comfortable bed, interior is beautiful, staff very welcoming, accomadating and outgoing. I would stay at either of these Hamptons again. Both are great locations depending if you want to be closer to the University or the mall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for such kind words regarding our hotel and the Hampton Inn and Suites located on the other side of town. I really think it says a lot for our brand of hotels when the top two hotels in the area, as listed by Trip Advisor, are both Hamptons. Now that we are wrapping up our renovations we are aiming for that top slot, and we have the property and friendly staff to get us there. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Bryan Haugh, Assistant General Manager
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Long time Diamond member, but I have never stayed at this property until this week. WOW! Very nice job on renovations. The outdoor sitting area by the pool is a nice feature as most hotels don't have a place where you can relax and get fresh air. Check-in was great, room was great. Lots of outlets by the bed including USB ports. Love that I could hook up everything in one place!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Missy S
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated property. As you mentioned, the power cubes located on the night stands are great for charging all of your gadgets while on a trip without having to hunt for available outlets. We have been very happy with them and the feedback they have received since we installed them during our upgrade. If you are ever back in our area we hope you are able to stay with us again.

Bryan Haugh, Assistant General Manager.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for a couple of nights while in town for WFU Homecoming. Prior to booking I saw that the hotel was doing some rennovations. I assume the work is done because the hotel looked wonderful. My check-in experience was perfect. My request for a room on an upper floor was met. I stayed on the 5th. My room was clean, and comfortable. I stand behind my belief that Hampton Inns have the most comfortable beds and this loction did not disappoint. The daily breakfast was delicious, and the eating area was very nicely maintained. Another nice touch that I must mention is the outside fireplace sitting area. I am sure when the weather permits, that is a most comfortable place to relax at the end of a long day of travel, business, or whatever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. As you mentioned, the major renovation items have been completed with only the hallway carpet, guest room drapes, and a few other finishing touches left to finish. The outdoor seating area sure has received a lot of compliments since we finished that area this summer, especially with its fireplace and all weather outdoor television. We hope you are able to stay with us again in the future.

Bryan Haugh, Assistant General Manager
New Bern, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip this week and it met all of my needs. It was very clean, safe, and near shopping mall/dining. Breakfast at the hotel was ok..not excellent...but available. Staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnWS, Manager at Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that our staff was able to provide a clean and comfortable place for you to stay during your trip. Hopefully the next time you are in town we will not only be able to meet your hotel needs, but exceed them as we are always striving to make improvements.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I checked out on Saturday, got home and discovered I left my extra set of glasses in the room. I called the hotel on Tuesday, Housekeeping had my glasses, gave them to the front desk, and they were at my house on Friday. Thanks to the great people they have working there for yet another wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2012