“Best night sleep we had in awhile”

Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Ohio
“Best night sleep we had in awhile”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The beds were comfy (more than at home!). Fluffy towels. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate available in the lobby at all times. Pretty descent selection for breakfast: items in the refridgerator to heat up in microwave (sausage biscuits to name one), waffle maker, fresh fruit, yogurt, toast, donuts, jucies, flavored coffee creamers. Great area for dining nearby. We went to the Hanes Mall to Ruby Tuesday. Wonderful salad bar. We would stay again!!

Room Tip: comfy beds
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kayroOH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We checked in to the hotel- double bed room. The bath tub lining was chipped off, exposing some holes in the tub. It was harboring a spider. However, this was not as bad as finding out that the toilet was clogged. I tried for over an hour to call the hotel staff, however the line was busy. I then went to the person at the front desk, who realized the phone was of the hook. The response was "oh, I was wondering why it was so quiet." I reported the clogged toilet, and the response was "Okay, let ME get YOU a PLUNGER." I asked, "Are you kidding?" ( I really thought the person was joking), the answer was "No." I demanded another room. Later I reported this to the daytime employee, who responded, "sometimes GUESTS PREFER TO PLUNGE THEIR OWN TOILETS, rather than having us come into their rooms." I didn't say anything, but wondered if there was anyone out there who enjoys paying for a room for poor service and the opportunity to plunge a toilet...if so this is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank WorldTravelers123
pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2011

This was an overnight enroute to Myrtle Beach. We had made reservations about 1 month prior. Hotel was full and we were upgraded to full suite without asking. We are CHOICE REWARDS members but did not ask for upgrade. Front desk personnel very friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I didn't feel the breakfat was as good as other Comfort Inns so passed on that. Otherwise great stay

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nuknut
Griffin
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I usually stay in Choice Hotel properties when I travel and this is one of the nicest. Very clean, spacious rooms, and minutes after we checked in at about 5 p.m. they put out wine and a vast array of snacks in the breakfast room: frozen pizzas and White Castle burgers in addition to chips, popcorn, cookies, etc. Breakfast the next morning was excellent, too. Capping it off: bargain price with coupon from N.C. Welcome Center.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JGsped
angib242, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. Our team looks forward to seeing you again soon.
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I just wanted to take to the time to express my sincere gratitude to the folks at the Comfort Suites in Winston Salem. I have stayed numerous times when I am traveling from South Carolina and each time has been a great experience. The breakfast is always ready, the people are always friendly and always remembers you. It means a lot that Paul, Fredrick and the gang remembers me everytime I am there. The internet is great and the rooms are comfortable and clean. I love the fact that I can walk to get something to eat or buy my wife a gift if I forgot something important. It is easy for my clients to locate; which inturn helps me improve my sales. I suggest that everyone should stay here and keep up the good work gang.

Room Tip: Try the two pack of Jimmy Dean biscuts
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank HappySCTraveler
Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Business trip brought me into town and most Comfort Suites are typically decent. This one however was not the cleanest and even the most simple of requests for the staff were meet with rather blank stares. Beds were OK but certainly nothing to write home about.

Conclusion is that this is an over-priced hotel with a sad attitude. Couple of other Choice properties in the area to choose from. Next time I'll be going there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MopacMan
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Standard room in a typical Comfort Suites. The front desk staff had their issues which was not being very helpful with most everything. Decided to leave the hotel and try another Choice property down the street.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank SurfingTheWedge
csnc006, General Manager at Comfort Suites Winston Salem/ Hanes Mall, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
As the General Manager I would like to first apologize for the lack of customer service that you received during your stay at the Comfort Suites. This is not our practice and I would like to hear more details as to the issues that you had with the front desk staff. I would like to correct this issue so that it does not happen again in the future with our valued guest.
If you could please contact me on the property or through email at gm.nc006@choicehotels.com it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for you time.