“Great place to stay.”

Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This is one of the best places to stay in Winston Salem NC. The staff is very courteous and helpful. The breakfast is wonderful with many choices. The room was very clean which I was delighted that it was comfortable. I plan to stay at this Hotel when I travel in the future.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 19, 2010

Our reservations at another property did not work out so the Courtyard was a last minute deal while my wife & I were in town for a Winston-Salem Dash game. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and in a nice neighborhood. The staff was exceptionally friendly. Breakfast is not included in the rate but is very good. I was impressed that sugar free syrup is available!

I am sure the Courtyard is not the cheapest place in town to stay but remember the old saying- "you get what you pay for." When it comes to hotels, I would rather pay a few extra bucks and stay at a place where I am comfortable and safe. The Courtyard in Winston-Salem more than met our needs.

I recommend this property very highly.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Stayed here recently, enjoyed the room, the staff was nice, everything was clean, etc.
However, since when is breakfast at a Courtyard $8.95? I was surprised that the only breakfast available was the hot breakfast at $8.95 per person. I am curious if the Marriott chain is okay with this local policy. Not a pleasant surprise for me to add at least $18 per day to our costs (total for two of us) just for breakfast.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I spent two nights at this hotel and am pleased to report that it meets the good standards of the Marriott chain. The front desk staff was very friendly, as were the waitresses in the hotel restaurant.
I had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool, which also borders highway I-40. Despite this close proximity to the highway, I did not notice much traffic noise unless I opened the door to the room's balcony. In addition, the hotel has done a good job landscaping to significantly block the view of the highway.
My room was comfortable: new king size bed, desk, loveseat, and ample closet and dresser space. The exercise room is quite small - 2 treadmills, a bike, and elliptical machine, but there is also an indoor hot tub and outdoor pool.
The hotel restaurant offered a good buffet breakfast which was NOT included in the room price.
The hotel is down the street from Hanes Mall and a number of casual dining establishments. It offers easy access to I-40 and Business 40. Downtown Winston Salem is within a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hhkexplorer
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I stayed there at the recommendation of my company and was happy with the hotel and the service. Breakfast was great and the staff could not have been friendlier as they remembered me the next morning. I will definetley stay there again for my next trip - make sure you have good directions if it is your first trip to the hotel - it is close to everything, restaraunts, shopping etc...just a little hard to find the first time.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank HotelAdvsr
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We spent two nights at this Courtyard to visit a family member who was in the nearby hospital, Forsyth Medical Center. The location was fantastic for this trip as the hospital was only 1-2 miles away and there is a mall across the street.

Our room was a one bedroom suite. It was spotless and huge! It had a full size living room with pull-out sofa and a large balcony as well as a very long counter top along the back wall with a refrigerator and microwave. It provided more than enough space to prepare snacks and meals for my 3 year old.

The bathroom was of average size, but again spotless, and it had a large counter/sink/vanity area outside the bathroom allowing multiple people to get ready for the day at the same time.

The bedroom was separated by a door, had a king bed, TV and fantastic down comforter. I slept very well on the extremely comfortable bed.

Customer service was friendly and attentive. They had construction paper and crayons at the front desk with a sign asking guests to make get well cards for a staff member's young child who was very ill and in the hospital. I gladly made one.....to me, it was a sign of a caring and thoughtful staff.

All in all, not a single complaint. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rtpac
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Stayed one night at this Courtyard, very nice and clean hotel . The breakfast was very good , the ladies working in the restaurant were nice and gave great service. Within a quarter mile of the Winston Salem Hanes mall which also is very nice . Would stay here again if back in town.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TravelersNekePhil