“Awesome!”

Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Winston Salem
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stay at the Courtyard Hanes Mall location for High Point Furniture Market. The hotel is not only a great value, but the service and staff is the quality you would find in a luxury hotel property. They are consistently focused on providing a high level of service at this Marriott. We continue to use this property year after year due to the dedication to our company. I especially want to thank Sonya who is an unbelievable Marriott Team Member that is always willing to go the extra mile. I highly recommend this property. It is a "home away" from "home"!!

Richard Fleck
CMO
Paramount Sleep Mattress Company

Room Tip: Rooms on the "front side" of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tom F, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Fleck,
Thank you for taking the time to write these kind words about our hotel to Tripadvisor, We do continue to strive to anticipate our guest needs and exceed their expectations. Sonya is indeed a great asset to this hotel that is always looking out for the guest to ensure a flawless stay year after year. Thanks and we look forward to serving your needs in the future.

Tom Ferrell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Saugerties, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Here for 3 days on business. Great location with lots to do nearby, although we spent the week working! Staff friendly and helpful, and breakfast was great and very fast. Good exercise room. Quiet room, clean, no problems. My colleague had a problem with her room (not cleaned) and they took care of it immediately and provided her free breakfast for the stay. Will definitely be back here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
• Dear mrwardell,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words on Tripadviser, as I am sure you noticed we are completely remodeled property and the newest hotel in Winston Salem. I am glad you enjoyed our Bistro, Guest rooms and Exercise room. This is a great hotel, in a great location and blessed with a great staff.
We look forward to your next visit.

Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel hosted our recent meeting. Sales staff was great to work with and set up for us with only.minimal " tweaking needed". They actually stayed to make lunch when their kitchen is usually closed to make lunch for any of our participants who didn' t want to leave for lunch. The overnight rooms were roomy and clean. Breakfast and lunch items were good and quick. Great place. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
• Dear cajunroadwarrior,
Thank you for your kind words about the Courtyard Hanes Mall, We love to do meetings and it shows, to our planners, attendees, and guests…We will bend over backwards to make our planners look good. Rooms are newly remodeled and in tip top shape, location is great and we even have Starbucks available 24/7.. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting your next meeting.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had just left Gatlinburg, TN where I had a bad lodging experience. I initially reserved a different hotel to try them out. I then changed by reservation and went to Courtyard because I did not want any surprises. Glad I did. The checkin was prompt, the housekeeping staff even tried to start a conversation with me when I arrived, I was so bothered by my Gatlinburg experience I did not think to recognize how truly nice this was. The room was confortable. I have never had a poor experience at Courtyard. They consistently meet my expectations. This is across the street from Mall but tucked behind buildings so not a lot of traffic but very close to everything. Would love if they had complimentary juice and breads for breakfast. The a la carte is a bit pricey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tom F, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear 3983Hickoryview,
Thank you for your kind words posted about the Courtyard Hanes Mall and Staff. We truly LOVE OUR GUESTS and love what we do!!! As the newest hotel in Winston Salem we are getting many rave reviews about our property and staff. The location is Great! We are located near major freeways, The Hanes Mall, and plenty of Great Restaurants, and yet the hotel is nestled in a residential park like setting and very quite. We look forward to serving your needs in the future.

Corolla, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is comfortable and convenient to most W-S destinations. Parking lot was well lit, check in quick and easy, and the room was clean and comfortable. I was concerned when I found that my room for the night was right beside the elevator. But that was never a problem during the night. I was surprised going to breakfast not to find the customary "complimentary" fare found in this type of hotel anymore. Instead they have converted the typical setup to offering an assortment of items at periods of time throughout the day and evening at a fee. After returning to my room for cash in order to place my breakfast order, I found my food good and the service fast and friendly. I really liked having the calories posted on the menu board. My overall experience, though, was excelllent!

Room Tip: My room was located on the fourth floor, directly over the front entrance. So my only experience st...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear DK B
Thank you for your kind words about our Newly Remodeled Courtyard by Marriott and Bistro featuring Starbucks. Did you know that we have cross trained every Front Desk and Night Audit Staff member so that we can provide our Guest with Starbucks 24/7. We also have found that rather than the old buffet with 1 price for all, just was not what our guests wanted. Some only had time for a coffee and bagel or muffin and just did not want to pay the buffet prices. So thanks for trying our new Bistro and I am glad you found that you liked it!! We look forward to serving your needs in the future.

Tom Ferrell, CHA
Mansfield, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I like Marriott. This hotel has great staff and it as been remodeled. I love the bistro and the staff in the bistro is awesome. I wish the hotel had the pillow top beds. I bought myself a pillow top mattress so I could have a bed like the Marriott beds. This bed was hard and I'm allergic to the pillows. I woke up with swollen and red eyes. I use down pillows at home and asked for down pillows here but I think they got the down alternative. I have to come and stay again but I'll buy a hypoallergenic pillowcase so I can have unpuffy eyes. What reward status comes after gold?

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
tandt82, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear SMR_2,
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and property, we sure are proud of them and the way the remodel turned out. I am however saddened to hear about your ac missing a knob. We recently had an outside company come in and remove all the units from the guest rooms (about 8 at a time) and take them outside to be pressure washed and sanitized. Apparently your knob must have fallen off and be misplaced. This certainly should not have happened and I assure you that it did not take long for my staff to report it to the maintenance department, and replace it. I do how ever want to apologize to you as that should have not happened. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so that we may correct it in a timely manner, as not to be a bother to anyone else checking into that room. I do hope that when your travel plans include Winston Salem you will once again stay with the Courtyard Hanes Mall.

Tom Ferrell, CHA
Watertown, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had a decent night stay here - there was a bus load of people for a family reunion so it was a little hectic in the lobby/check-in area. Staff was very nice and friendly and made me feel welcome.

The room itself was one of their suites facing the back of the property and it was very spacious with a little outdoor seating area. This room could easily fit a family of 4-6 people with a pull out sofa.

Hotel is recently renovated and looks very nice in the lobby and rooms. Would definitely stay here again if needed.

The only thing that was bothersome was that the ac/heater in the ac didn't have a knob to turn the temperature, I had to use a dime to try and turn it.

Room Tip: There is a highway in the back of the property, but trees block out most noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear SMR_2,
Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard Hanes Mall. Yes things can get a bit hectic with the large groups we cater to at times, but we always look out for our guests. I do apologize about the missing knob as we recently had all our ac’s cleaned and prepped for the summer but we must have misplaced the knob to your unit. Thank you very much for letting us know so that we could replace it before another guest found it to be missing
The location is Great! We are located near major freeways, The Hanes Mall, and plenty of Great Restaurants, and yet the hotel is nestled in a residential, park like setting and very quiet. We look forward to serving your needs in the future.