“Wonderful stay!”

Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for nearly 4 weeks on my business trip. It was a great experience, staff are so nice and helpful, my room was kept clean on daily basis and the breakfast was very good as well.
The location is perfect, close to all the shops and restaurants and only few miles away from charming places worth seeing.
I'm coming back for another trip in April and I will definitely stay here.

1  Thank Agnieszka L
Tom F, Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Dear Agnieszka L,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and hotel staff. We look forward to your future stays, and cannot wait to start our renovation that will make this very good hotel a great hotel!!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Comfortable beds, friendly staff, and I loved the morning cafe. The wifi was not very fast, though, which is a huge negative for any hotel.

Stayed: December 2011

Dear Mik2tuf4u,
Thank you for your comments and review, and I agree with you that the internet WAS too slow. I am happy to say that has been corrected!!! When I arrived here in November I heard the comments and experienced it first-hand. Speed test showed less than 1 meg of speed and connectivity was spotty at best. That has been CORRECTED. We now have upgraded our system to 10megs of service and added 3 additional access points for better connectivity. You can now stream on the wireless system very nicely!!!and we now get compliments on our system. Thanks for your input as we continue to make Courtyard Hanes Mall the Best in Winston Salem. Please stay with again and see for yourself…

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least twice a week since November 2011. The fact that I keep going back speaks volumes as to the quality of this particular hotel.

I travel for business, so the things that are important to me are quiet rooms, high-speed internet, closeness to I-40, and an on-site exercise room. I can happily report that this hotel has it all.

I have stayed in rooms close to the stairs, as well as right beside the elevators, and everywhere in between. I have never had a problem with noise. In each room, the wireless signal for the internet is strong, but there is also a broadband connection as well which makes things even better.

The hotel is only about five minutes away from I-40 – even with stops for traffic lights – so getting on the road quickly is easy.

The exercise room, while small, is really well equipped for this size of hotel. It comes equipped with two treadmills, an elliptical trainer, but the best feature is that it also has a good selection of free weights – an adjustable workout bench, and dumbbells that range from 5lbs to 50lbs. It also has a jetted hot tub, which is great for unwinding. There is also a large outdoor pool, but this has been closed through the winter, so I have not had a chance to use this yet.

The General Manager informed me that later this year a major refurbishment will be taking place. The lobby area, gym and breakfast room will be updated, which will make this hotel even better.

I can’t finish the review of this hotel without mentioning the staff. I am now on first name terms with most of them. The front desk staff are so accommodating to my requests. As I do some work in the mornings before I leave the hotel. I like to be higher than the first floor, so that I can open the windows/balcony doors. They have always made sure that this request has been met. The staff in the breakfast room are eager to make sure that you have everything you need to enjoy breakfast and will happily bring anything you need to your table. The breakfast room offers a wide selection of food, from toast and cereal, to a hot breakfast such as eggs, sausage, grits etc. The eggs are made to order, so you know the food is always fresh.

As I mentioned, the strongest recommendation I can give to this hotel and its staff is that I have went back every week since last November, since I started working in this area.

1  Thank Alan K
Tom F, Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Dear Mr. Alan K of Ashville NC,
Thank you for your kind words about this great and hotel and staff. I especially appreciate your comments on how we can improve! Yes we will begin our Courtyard Refreshing Business Refresh in July which will expand the exercise room, add a Bistro that features Starbucks, redesign the lobby spaces to include a 55 inch Home Theatre, Go Board, Library, Boarding Pass Print Station, 3 Media Pods and more. Guest rooms will also be redone with fresh wall coverings, artwork, carpet, and furniture including refrigerators in all rooms, bedding and more. As you can tell we are very excited about it, and in making the Courtyard Hanes Mall the Number one hotel choice in Winston Salem. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

GPS had me turning left after bending back under the highway (onto Westbrook Plaza). Off the highway, left & mall is on your left - then a right soon after & RIGHT, just after you pass under the highway!

Good location close to a lot if you are in the area for business or shopping. Clean (my #1 requirement) and staff seemed nice enough (I rarely deal with staff on business travel).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
willtravel1982, General Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our great hotel, yes it can be a challenge to find, that is part of the beauty of this hotel, is that it is close to everything Hanes Mall (largest mall between Miami and Washington DC), Restaurants, Downtown Winston Salem, Major Highways, and more. But it is nestled in a great quite residential setting. This makes it a great “Home away from Home” Come see for yourself why we are ranked in the top 50 Courtyards out of over 800 hotels.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed one night at this Courtyard on a business trip.

This Courtyard is older and has not gotten the new lobby that many Courtyards have now.

The property is in good shape and the staff was friendly. The room was nice, although the TV wobbled on its stand. Bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was the older buffet and the food was good and the servers were very attentive.

The Internet service was good.

I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear BhamBuddy,
Thank you for your kind words about this great hotel and its staff. You are correct that it is older, but very well maintained. We are scheduled for a full remodel of the property to include the new lobby, bistro featuring Starbucks, Go Board, Media Pods, Home Theater, the whole shebang!! We are very excited!! The internet has already been upgraded to 10megs, so plenty of speed and connectivity. This property has always been blessed with a great staff, and will only be getting better. We look forward to being your “Home away from Home”

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I am the manager of a U13 girls soccer team from Knightdale, NC. I have been involved as a team manager for the last 5 years with 2 different teams and I have dealt with and stayed in many hotels for weekend tournaments from Cleveland, Ohio all the way to Orlanda, Florida. The weekend of 1/28/2012 our team had the pleasure of staying at The Courtyard by Marriott Hanes Mall.

Toni Donahue and the staff at The Courtyard by Marriott Hanes Mall in Winston Salem, NC were fantastic! The "hot, cooked to order breakfast" was unbelievable. The price was extremely affordable. If we every play in Winston again we will definitely choose this same hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Debby F,
Thank you for your kind words about our property during your team stay recently. We are a great team hotel; in fact we currently are housing and feeding 5 college basketball teams for the MEAC Tournament. Talk about some hungry athletes! But all is going well…Our Sales staff is great about getting all the details right and letting operations do their thing right the first time. Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay with us again with or without the team. Let our team take care of your team!!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

We arrive at the hotel around 9-10pm on 2/17/2012. we went for a weekend get away from home. I am pleased to say that we really enjoyed our stay:-)! The staff personel that I dealt with directly name was SONYA and she was the sweetiest funniest woman I know! She represented the hotel in such a professional way that I was under the notion that she was a manager lol. The room was nice and very clean! the shower felt like a spa and relaxed me to the point of almost going to bed directly after I got out lol :-) the room we had was very private which we adored! Also, the hallways were quite and there was some young people staying there at the same time as we were! Morning time when it was time for the cleaning people to come, the young lady was very nice and courteous when we asked for more linen. The check out was great and quick but I dont remember the young man's name but he was just as professional and nice but not as funny as mrs. sonya! I also spoke to a sweet young lady name REGINA she was just as amazing as the other three people we dealt with. I want to say thank you to courtyard by mariott staff for extending such a hardy welcome and teaching your staff the true meaning of professionalism. My business will forever be yours if we are ever in the Winston area! OVERALL I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL BECAUSE YOU ARE SURE TO GET GREAT SERVICE, A CLEAN ROOM, AND GREAT SLEEP!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post these kind words about our staff and property. We are truly blessed to have such a caring staff. This is a great hotel which is why it is ranked in the top 50 Courtyards worldwide, and will only be getting better. In July we will start remodeling to become a Refreshing Business Property with a Bistro featuring a Starbucks!! So more exciting things to come from the Courtyard Hanes Mall.

We look forward to be at your service again,