“Typical Courtyard Marriott”

Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was your typical Courtyard Marriott. Fast and friendly check in. Room was very nice, clean and maintained. Plenty of TV channels, but was missing one I wanted. Bed came with TONS of pillows! Nice sized bathroom and vanity area. We got a jacuzzi suite, and the jacuzzi was very nice and had a really cool water downspout. We had breakfast with our room. Its a buffet style, but they will make items for you, and offered to take it to our table. A very rude family came in and had zero control of their kids, ate half their food and left. The shower head had a slight leak but only if you moved it to the extreme left or right, up or down, didnt effect my shower. Shower head had the multi adjust settings too, nice pressure and hot water. I advised the desk at checkout of the issue and they wrote a maintenance slip for it. We didnt try the pool or shared jacuzzi, but the same rude family from breakfast were using it every time we walked by, glad we had our own. Ice machine was on the 2nd floor, not first, and they have a 24/7 mini store up front. This hotel is 1/4 mile from a 24/7 Walgreen's, and 1/2 mile from the mall. I enjoyed my stay and would go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
CourtyardWS_AGM, Manager at Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you for your kind words about our property! We greatly appreciate you staying with us. We are a bit difficult to find initially, but that makes us a hidden gem! Our side-street location affords a quieter stay for our guests. We hope you will choose the Courtyard Hanes Mall during your next trip to Winston-Salem!

Angela B. Carleton
Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Winston-Salem Hanes Mall

Reviewed April 16, 2011

I found everyone friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast in the morning was fast, good quality and inexpensive.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NJerseyGuy
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Although clean and has good service this Courtyard is in need of update. Very good sanitation score, friendly check in and comfortable bed. Small fitness center, no flat screens in rooms and noisy interstate if you are unfortunate to get a back room. As a Marriott Platnium I would expect upgrade to at least front of building away from highway noise. By the time one realizes it is an chore to request change. The hotel is close to shopping and restaurants. Use the Fairfield Inn as a landmark to find. Overall average Courtyard. I would stay again but will try to remember to request a room in the front.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This is one of the best places to stay in Winston Salem NC. The staff is very courteous and helpful. The breakfast is wonderful with many choices. The room was very clean which I was delighted that it was comfortable. I plan to stay at this Hotel when I travel in the future.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Our reservations at another property did not work out so the Courtyard was a last minute deal while my wife & I were in town for a Winston-Salem Dash game. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and in a nice neighborhood. The staff was exceptionally friendly. Breakfast is not included in the rate but is very good. I was impressed that sugar free syrup is available!

I am sure the Courtyard is not the cheapest place in town to stay but remember the old saying- "you get what you pay for." When it comes to hotels, I would rather pay a few extra bucks and stay at a place where I am comfortable and safe. The Courtyard in Winston-Salem more than met our needs.

I recommend this property very highly.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Stayed here recently, enjoyed the room, the staff was nice, everything was clean, etc.
However, since when is breakfast at a Courtyard $8.95? I was surprised that the only breakfast available was the hot breakfast at $8.95 per person. I am curious if the Marriott chain is okay with this local policy. Not a pleasant surprise for me to add at least $18 per day to our costs (total for two of us) just for breakfast.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I spent two nights at this hotel and am pleased to report that it meets the good standards of the Marriott chain. The front desk staff was very friendly, as were the waitresses in the hotel restaurant.
I had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool, which also borders highway I-40. Despite this close proximity to the highway, I did not notice much traffic noise unless I opened the door to the room's balcony. In addition, the hotel has done a good job landscaping to significantly block the view of the highway.
My room was comfortable: new king size bed, desk, loveseat, and ample closet and dresser space. The exercise room is quite small - 2 treadmills, a bike, and elliptical machine, but there is also an indoor hot tub and outdoor pool.
The hotel restaurant offered a good buffet breakfast which was NOT included in the room price.
The hotel is down the street from Hanes Mall and a number of casual dining establishments. It offers easy access to I-40 and Business 40. Downtown Winston Salem is within a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business