All reviews village tavern front desk pet friendly hotel waffles location is excellent hanes mall hard boiled eggs coffee maker housekeeping staff very nice hotel shopping and restaurants convenient location one night stay great place to stay the room was nice continental breakfast parking lot
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Utterly disappointed in this hotel. Walked into room 220 and immediately it smelled awful. The bed smelled disgusting and after notifying the front desk the lady working did change the sheets. However, she said the old sheets smelled like their washer and dryer. Then she proceeded to say she didn't smell anything either. She told us the housekeepers are required to change the sheets and if they don't, they are fired. The bed did smell better after the sheets were replaced but the room still smelled. The conclusion we came to was the carpet could have smelled because of cat pee or dog pee. Vacuuming won't get the smell out and I doubt the staff do anything with the carpet other than vacuum it. In addition, the hotel hallways and rooms could use updating. I feel sorry for anyone who gets room 220, it's not a pleasant smell in that room! Disappointed we paid $100 for that room!

Room tip: Request a room other than room 220
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Wayne W, Area Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston-Salem, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear bobR1836EN,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of my location in Winston Salem. I
apologize that our housekeeping team failed on your expectation of cleanliness and the maintenance of room 220. I will make sure my team and I walk the room and make necessary repairs.

I always use comments such as yours as a teachable moment!
Wayne W.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Arrived late at night - they left the lights on for us and the room was cooled off. We left early and breakfast was ready when we left. Perfect start to an enjoyable day. Great time of year for a trip to Winston Salem.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

Great value! I mean, really, I paid way more for hotels that are not even close to this one regarding cleanness, comfort and staff. Pretty large room was clean and nicely furnished. Bathroom too, very nice and tidy kept. I really don't have any complaints. Breakfast could be better but again it depends what one likes and expects. Overall it was a very pleasant stay in a quiet and safe area of the city. I will definitely come back to the hotel while in a neighborhood.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Nice place to stay. Convenient location. Clean rooms. Philippians 1:1-15 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: 2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God. 12 But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; 13 So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places; 14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. 15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2017

The pictures on the website are attractive but upon entry into the hotel you may realize this may not be that good of a deal. The entry at times is enveloped with lingering cigarette smoke odors that permeate in the summer heat and humidity. Smoking/Drinking are allowed in the pool area as well which does not bode well with parents of younger children. The common area is clean but the rooms and hallways need a lot of updating and cleaning. The breakfast is not for those with dietary needs (Diabetes) and consists mainly of 3 Fruits, Cereals, Muffins, and Waffles

Date of stay: July 2017