“my 7 year anniversary”

Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Winston Salem
North Carolina
“my 7 year anniversary”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My husband and I spent our anniversary at The Crossland hotel and we had a wonderful time there was no noise outside (it was very quiet) we was not once interrupted if we needed anything the staff was willing and ready to help. This is a very good hotel and was not expensive at all actually i think it was well worth the money. The rooms included a kitchenette stove top, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, a coffee maker, and a kitchen sink. you want be sorry if you visit this hotel.
Brandi

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bacoots

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
winston-salem
Reviewed October 20, 2009

The extended stay hotel reminds me of section 8 housing. The rooms are not clean and it attractions some undisable people. Needs 24hr sercurity.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank smartgirl65
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed February 28, 2008

This is an extended stay property in the northern part of Winston-Salem, well off the major highways. It advertises in the highway coupon guides. There was some sort of event going on in town the evening I stopped in and this property was the only one that honored its advertised coupon rate. I arrived after the posted desk hours, but the courtesy phone was answered quickly and a desk clerk appeared. She worked quickly and seemed genuinely happy to increase her occupancy rate at the late hour, not only getting me into a room, but another walkup customer as well.

The only rooms available were smoking rooms, but mine was adequately cleaned. I had no problems resting that night due to tobacco residue or any other issue. The bedding, furniture, and kitchen equipment and supplies were all clean and ready to use. This motel doesn’t provide a breakfast, but there was a McDonalds next door for that. Check out was quick as well.

After being shafted by other properties’ bait and switch advertising earlier in the evening, getting a clean room at a reasonable and advertised price from this motel was welcome indeed.

• Liked — Clean room, Honest staff and advertising
  • Disliked — off beaten path
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
MA
Reviewed October 8, 2006

I hope this is the right one, since I went to the one at Hanes Mall. I should have known something was wrong when I tried to book a room on parent's weekend at Wake Forest later than I should have. There was only one hotel inside of 15 miles that I could find with a vacancy and it was close to the WF campus. As soon as you walked in it was not like the Hampton Inn or Sleep Inn across the street. It had a kitchen with a big refridgerator, and a stove and microwave and pans and dishes and cups and only one fork and two spoons for me and my two daughters. There was no shampoo and the front desk said that they don't supply it, and I had taken it out of my toiletrie case when they wouldn't let you bring it. They only cleaned the rooms once a week and only give new towels once a week, so if you are there for less than a week, then no clean towels all week.
The beds were very small and my bottom fitted sheet was not for that bad so it kept riding down and I spend most of the nights sleeping on bare mattress.
All in all I would not be back.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank attheocean
Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2005

First, on the positive side, the staff was kind and willing to assist us without compaint...however, this hotel was a great dissappointment. This is listed on some sites as a 2 star hotel, equal to a holiday inn - not in the least. Although the picture on the website makes it appear as though the hotel has indoor hallways, they are in fact outdoor. The building however was attractive enough, except for the ugly red and green doors that looked as if they were half painted (you could clearly see the other color through the top color of paint) The rooms, though advertised as having a queen bed, in fact had a double bed, and were fairly small. We reserved 3 rooms one evening and 2 of us had to switch rooms. First because we were given a room that had not been cleaned properly - dirty bathroom - enough said. The second room smelled of some cleaning fluid which was objectionably strong. There is a small TV that gets 7 Cable channels, our refridgerator would not close properly, and there was a cockroach in our bathroom when we woke up in the morning. I could go on, but you get the picture by now. I would not recommend this hotel except as a last resort or if you really need a cheap room.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank David W
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed July 24, 2005

We stayed there for one night (Hotwire), July 2nd and left in the morning at 3.30 am, because of the noise other guests produced (boozing, arguing an shouting at each other). There was nobody in the office, so we dropped the keys at the door of the office and left with no intention to come back.

• Stayed July 2005