“Quick service, wood cooked eastern NC pork BBQ”
Review of Bunn's Bar-B-Q

Bunn's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I work in Bertie County about 6 days per month, and go to Bunn's about 1/2 the time. I LOVE this place. It is in an old gas station, with lots of memorablia on the walls. The menu is on the wall, and is limiited, but it is a BBQ joint. They get my order before I sit down, and it is on the table by the time I get my hands washed. The BBQ is cooked off-site since town regulations will not allow so much smoke to be produced. They do BBQ chicken one day per week and Brunswick stew one day per week. I am not sure if they do chicken dumplings anymore. The cornbread is the dense, flat kind, and they will get you a corner piece if you like it crunchy. The slaw is a little sweet. Homemade baked goods for dessert as you head out. Coke in glass bottles, and other soft drinks in regular bottles, and tea of course to drink. They sell BBQ and slaw by the pound and cornbread by the piece, so you can take some home with you. They are open for lun

1  Thank Fourester

Reviewed May 17, 2011

This place is like traveling back in time. Food is basic Bar-B-Q and the cornbread is something else.

1  Thank Trueeasterner
Reviewed April 1, 2011

It kind of takes you back to a distant place in time. A rustic old gas station/country store is the setting. Friendly 'neighborly' staff that makes you feel right at home and the best BBQ left in eastern NC. What a great stop....I often pop in for lunch on Saturdays....well worth my, my wifes and my kids 30 minute trip. Do it!

3  Thank tmwilliamsjr
Reviewed May 13, 2009

The service and food at Bunn's are the best around!! The staff is so friendly and helpful!! Not only is the vinegar based sauce wonderful, the Chicken and Pastry offered on Thursdays is just like grandma made it!! The slaw is a tart, vinegar base (no mayo~YAY!!!) and they have homemade pie for sale, a dollar a slice. I live in Windsor and it's the only place around you can order and eat within 20 minutes. If you're ever in this part of Northeastern North Carolina, do yourself a favor and stop by Bunn's!

3  Thank dlee27983
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I'm originally from Windsor and my family has been eating here since I can remember. They have the best barbecue you'll find anywhere. Highly recommended.

2  Thank renmackay