“Cleanest hotel on 95!”

Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
“Cleanest hotel on 95!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We usually stay at Hampton inns but they were all full.....I am so glad because we found this wonderful hotel. It was the cleanest hotel I have every been in and the bed was super comfortable. Breakfast was great too!! This is our new hotel when we travel!

• Stayed December 2012
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel with others. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The room we stayed in smell like smoke I couldn't get a good night sleep people shouldn't smoke if the hotel is smoke free I think y'all should check your rooms so you will know who's smoking in these rooms the hotel is nice but all night I smell smoke can't sleep because of the smoke it's not fair

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank nyenye1015
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
I am sorry to hear that the smell of smoke in the room marred your stay at our hotel. You should know our hotel is not smoke free and there are actually 6 smoking rooms on the property. However, if you asked for a nonsmoking room and received one which smelled of cigarette smoke, the front desk, if made aware of the issue, should have changed the room immediately.

Front Office Manager .

Travelers are raving about these Wilson hotels

Piscataway, New Jersey
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We found this hotel as we came off the exit from 95 South. Hotel lobby was clean as was the room. The front desk lady was very nice (sorry I don't recall her name). She was very helpful and provided us a room very quickly without a reservation. My husband and I would stay here again on a trip south.

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kathleen B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to hear from our guests and especially enjoy it when they loved their stay. Thanks once again for the positive review and for taking the time to share your good experience with others. We look forward to seeing you again.

Director of Sales
Clayton, Delaware
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was typical for Holiday Inn in many ways, but there have been recent upgrades such as granite counters, in-room refrigerator and microwave, and flat screen TV's. The hotel still shows wear, and is definitely older. There was netting over a construction area in the breakfast/lobby area, and spackling over holes in the room and in lobby.

My concerns are about the hotel front desk staff. The check in and check out staff were very impersonable, and left us feeling a bit unappreciated as guests. The complimentary gift for Priority Club members was a box of mixed hard candy. We chose this hotel due to the location: it is conveniently off of I-95 and close to other restaurants, and the breakfast offering is still solid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad you appreciated and noticed the upgrades we have in progress. The ceiling repair will be done shortly and I am sorry it was not completed prior to your stay with us. I also want to apologize for the impersonal service you received. We want our front desk staff to be friendly and professional. I will continue to work with them on achieving this balance so that guests feel that they are in capable hands and welcomed at the same time. I thank you for taking the time to post a review and supply us with this feedback as we continue to meet our goal of becoming a great hotel guests love.

Front Office Manager
New Jersey
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We arrived at this hotel after a bed bug encounter at another hotel off of I95 in Virginia. We went in and explained the situation and asked if we could inspect the room. The clerk stated that was not a problem and swore there were not any bed bugs. She was correct, there were no signs of bed bugs. However, upon doing my inspection I just found the room to be not very clean. We found dust and a gum wrapper on the side of the bed. The green blanket on the bed had a large white stain on it. The walls were dirty. After I finally fell asleep I woke up around 3:30am and as I undid the top sheet to get out of bed to head to the bathroom I noticed a large triangular blood stain. It was down around the leg where if I shaved it would have been in that spot. I inspected my legs and I did not have a scratch on them. The blood was not wet-it was dry. I must have missed this during my bed bug inspection as I was more focused on the edges of the bed and other spots where bed bugs hide. I usually like Holiday Inn and Express, however this particular one was just not up to the usual cleanliness standard. The breakfast the next morning was delicious and fresh though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kathleen B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience at our property. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the condition of your room and to assure you that what you experienced is not the standard we strive to achieve at our property. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay further. Feedback like this is valued and helps us to achieve our goal of becoming a great hotel guests love. I can be reached at the main number for the property. Once again, I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay .

Front office Manager
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cannot get over how delicious the breakfast was! Stopped here when travelling from Delaware to Daytona Beach, and had a good nights rest. The staff was super friendly, the room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. In the morning to our suprise the breakfast was amazing. Im not sure if they always have breakfast like that at all expresses, but it was well worth the stay.

Stayed November 2012
Broad Brook, Connecticut
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed her 1 night while traveling from Ct to Fl. Very nice accomodation right off I-95. Professional and personable greeting at the front desk. Computer station worked well. Great breakfast. Easy express check out. Everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express.
I'm a big fan of HIE. Never had a bas stay yet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple