“Very clean older hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
“Very clean older hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Our room was very clean. The breakfast was fine. The front desk was not manned when we checked in or checked out. Someone did come out eventually, but that seemed unusual to us not to be greeted at the front desk immediately upon check-in/check-out. Everyone was very friendly, though.

Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Meyersdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at this hotel over Memorial Day Weekend 2012. Was visiting my Grandma in Wilson but there wasn't enough room for everyone to stay at her house. This hotel was very conveniently located with easy access to shopping and dining. Our room was quite clean and the staff treated us well. We spent three nights here and were exceptionally satisfied. If we return to Wilson next summer, we will definitely stay here again! Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
The Villages, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed there primarily due to the traffic being HORRID southbound I-95 on a Saturday during July. I tried to book a room in Rocky Mount but they were full. They called ahead and made my reservation in Wilson, which was above and beyond the call of duty. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast room, though small, was attended very well by one person. The breakfast was fine.
Only drawback is that this motel has hallways longer than I have experienced on cruise ships.

Room Tip: Get a room near the elevator as the halls are LONG. Also the ice machine is noisy (near room 231)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The manager and staff were refreshingly receptive. The room was very comfortable, clean and obviously well maintained. Breakfast was outstanding. I can't imagine anyone possessing all their faculties complaining but those that did need to find a five star if they want to be coddled.
I would without hesistation recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here on the way to a week at Ocean Isle Beach, NC. It was super convenient to I-95, and was great for an overnight. It's an old-school style hotel, with the sink right inside the door and the tub and toilet crammed together in a room across the hall. The toilet was strangely low to the ground, I could imagine that would be difficult for folks with bad knees! The room was functional and clean. Good amenities, flat screen TV with plenty of channels, huge mini fridge. Breakfast was good, and choices were replenished and tables cleaned as we ate. If you need a quick stop and breakfast off I-95, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
newbury,nh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

this place is nasty dirty ..The funiture is all torn.. there was feces on the toitet.. the garbage can was full the floor was dirty awful place . I called to complain and the phone at the front desk was off the hook ..The gentleman at the desk was very edlerly and so slow at the computer he had about 6 people trying to check in and everyone was very mad we got in about 12am and had to get up at 430 to be on the road again so we just went to bed.Then we leave and we do have a 4 year old and a 2 year old but we tried as hard as we could to leave as fast as possible when we got tothe lobby the old guy yelled at us saying that he had complaints about noise i mean we were in the hallway like 3 mins.I told him he did'nt have no where near as many complaints as we did abut this nasty place he said to go someplace else next time. I wrote holiday inn all they said is sorry we will tell them to do better big deal

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sarahhallock
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear sarahhallock,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We hope you enjoyed the location of our hotel. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel staff service and your room conditions less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Wilson hotels

Palm Coast, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel on our way back to Florida. Wilson has many other chains available here but he has a points system with International Hotels Group so we stay in HIE on the road. There are actually two Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Wilson; one is the "downtown" property and this one is the I-95 HIE. Perhaps next time we stop in Wilson we should stay in the downtown property! I don't know what past reviewers have seen when they've stayed here but it can't be the same place I stayed in this weekend. As soon as we got to the room (we booked a double Queen room, there weren't any suites available) I wished we'd kept going. The bathroom sink is at the front door, literally. I could brush my teeth from the hall outside the room! The rest of the "bathroom" is one step away from the sink; using it reminds me of the dollhouse I had when I was younger (i.e. very small!!) It's not the cleanest bathroom either so I'd love to see some other reviewers' rooms here. There was some mold and water marks in the bathroom that I am sure will not come out of the mostly plastic module. Honestly, the bathroom is so small, you could wash with one foot in the toilet and one in the shower.

The room didn't really smell clean but we couldn't open the windows as the lower panel seem to be coming away from its casement. No matter. If we did, we would have had the greasy scents of the Cracker Barrel, which is about 100 yards away and can be seen from the our window, wafting through the room.

If we hadn't checked in at 10 pm we would have asked to move or maybe just looked for something else in town. As it was, we only stayed there one night and THAT was enough. Yes, yes, breakfast is included and check-in was easy (there wasn't anyone else checking in or indeed anyone else to be seen except the rather uninterested clerk at the front desk.) And yes, the walls seem thin, even though we were given a room on the top (of two) floors. We could still here people in the next room watching tv. The hotel is about two minutes away from the I-95 exit but I don't think proximity to the road makes up for the unappealing property.

In short, if you do have a choice when staying in Wilson, do not stay in this hotel. Please, do yourself that favor!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jamacat
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilson I-95, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Jamacat,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked the location of our hotel as well as our breakfast. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry your room accommodations fell below your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W