Days Inn Wilson
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
$129
$71
QualityInn
$109
All reviewsroom was cleanpleasant stafffree breakfasta great staymotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I have been a Priceline customer for several years and with a rare exception have always been given great rooms with at least a queen size bed, and never a smoking room. For this trip my sister-in-law also reserved a room at the same hotel through Priceline. We were shocked when we attempted to check-in and were advised Priceline had reserved smoking rooms with single beds. When we complained we were told, Priceline customers have this experience all the time at this hotel.
---
However, it was explained if we would be willing to pay an additional $15 per night per room we could receive non-smoking rooms with queen size beds. The manager went on to infer, we were lucky he was on staff that night because if a manager is not on staff then room changes are not possible. I knew this was not my prior experience with other hotels however I didn’t want to rock-the-boat given, we had no other option of a place to stay.
---
I initially refused to pay the fee at which point the manager agreed to show us the room reserved by Priceline as well as the room we would receive for the additional fees. Needless to say the Priceline room was disgusting and appeared neither fit for a paying customer nor of a quality representative of Priceline. The additional fee was paid and the next morning during breakfast in passing the manager briefly introduced another Priceline customer who had the same experience. I believe the gentleman said something like “That Priceline is terrible”.
----
While the manager was personable it appears this was a regular practice to get addition funds from Priceline customer. Additionally, on a few occasions the manager implied ownership in the property. He would say comments such as “I have to pay Priceline a fee for accepting your reservation”.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 5, 2008

My sister and I stayed here while visiting family for the holidays. Rooms were clean and did not smell of smoke, furnishings were new, not old or run down, staff was friendly, free wireless internet, overall a great stay for the $60/night price tag (AAA discount). Would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank noellossie
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Having stayed at some pretty bad Days Inns in the past I was reluctant to book here, but I took the advice on Trip Advisor and it was advice well taken.

The room was very clean with all the amenities you would expect in a place twice the price. The staff very friendly and helpful and a pleasant change from the usual 'couldn't care less' attitude we see too often today.

I was 15 minutes late for breakfast on the Saturday and although the girl had finished clearing up she offered to get me whatever I wanted.

Great room, great price, great price.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Golftraveler96
Reviewed November 21, 2006

This place looked a bit dumpy on the outside, but inside it was very modern and clean, rooms very well equipped with a lot of cabinetry and drawer space.

Also nice that it was 6 miles off I-95 instead of getting all the "loud traffice, cars and people both, all night.

Thumbs up. There should have been breakfast in the lobby, in my opinion. You guys need to get with the times on that one.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank Snexus
Reviewed December 17, 2004

We loved being in town and next to the hospital. Nice staff!!!!

• Stayed: January 2005