“Good price and stay”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Good price and stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Rooms were clean. Staff was immensely helpful. Price was very good for what we received. Full-size refrigerator and kitchen stuff was nice addition. Choose the 3rd floor to avoid pets, which is very important to us. Extremely convenient location in Wilson.

Room Tip: Ask about no pet floors if you wish.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Denton, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have spent the last 2 months living at Candlewood, as I have several contracts in Wilson, and I have all intentions of staying at Candlewood through Thanksgiving. From my first night there, Laurie (manager), Rachel, Brooke, Cheryl and Kaitlin have done a wonderful job making my crew and myself feel welcome. Everyone is nice, friendly and professional. The housekeeping staff is obviously committed to providing the cleanest rooms possible. The rooms are designed very well, complete with a full size refrigerator, a large microwave, a stove top, dishwasher & a good assortment of pots, pans, dishes, etc. The bed sleeps great, very comfortable. There is a nice covered Gazebo, complete with patio furniture and propane grills, out back, which is a relaxing spot to watch the sunset.
Laurie has made every effort to address any concerns I have had, which have been minimal, and has gone above and beyond to provide any requested amenities. She has answered many inquiries from where to eat to where to get a haircut. The Candlewood is located in a great location, very convenient to resturants, grocery stores and multiple various retail facilities, most within walking distance.
I have spent the last 25 years traveling due to my job responsibilities, and the Candlewood is one of, if not the nicest, overall lodging experiences I have had. While I miss being home tremendously, the Candlewood's amenities along with Laurie's management and her staff's commitment to my comfort, has made my sojourn quite pleasent, a "home away from home".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I would estimate that half the guests staying at this Candllewood are staying there with their dog. And probably there because of their dogs.

I was there visiting my mother who was in the hospital. My dog is very empathetic, so picked up on my stress and his separation anxiety became worse than usual. The Candlewood staff went ABOVE AND BEYOND THEIR CALL OF DUTY taking care of my dog and cat while I was visiting my mother in the hospital. I could not have gotten through this difficult time without them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel has the best of everything you could want!! The rooms are clean the staff from the hotel manager to the house keeping staff are there to provide the BEST CUSTOER SERVICE to you. The hotel is within walking distance to retaurants and shopping. The staff is welcoming to you from the minute you walk in, until the minute you checkout. The hotel is quiet and is in a very safe area of Wilson. You can't find a better place to stay than with this group of professionals. Free laundry facilities, wifi, coffee and business center!! This hotel offers the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE that I have experienced in a long time! The staff is there to help you!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong staying in this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KDSJRNC
1Skip
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The staff is very helpful and the facility is clean! I was always greeted with a smile, plus fresh free coffee! The room was clean and quiet with an ironing board, coffee maker, plenty of towels and wash cloths! Free washing machines and dryers for the guest! I had a difficult schedule to work with and Katlin did a great job of helping me make reservations for the next 5 weeks! I've spent many nights in hotels and this facility is excellent!! The staff makes you feel at home!! I'm happy that I chose this hotel to stay at over the next 10 weeks!

Room Tip: The hotel does allow pets! If you are a smoker, there is a whole floor for you. The beds are comfo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
swansboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was completely satisfied with Candlewood Suites. It is in the best part of town, many restaurants, really good place for a family visiting for a soccer tournament. Very satisfied, took my dogs too!! We will be back!!!

Room Tip: All are nice!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Was in Wilson on business and stayed at this hotel. Rate is good, rooms are big and very comfortable and CLEAN!!! Nice quiet location. Management and staff are very friendly and made you feel like taking care of you was the most important thing they had to do. It had a "HOMEY" feel to it because of the attitude of all the workers. Another plus ...... it is within walking distance to a lot of restaurants which enabled me to drink a beer or two after work and not have to worry about driving back to my hotel. This is definitely where I will stay whenever business brings me back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business