“Atmosphere is hit or miss, Food is good”
Review of Jac's Grill

Jac's Grill
Ranked #5 of 150 Restaurants in Wilson
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wilson, North Carolina
“Atmosphere is hit or miss, Food is good”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Jac's is sort of an enigma. When you go you know the food and service will be good but you never know what you may get as far as the other diners. It looks like a place you would expect business casual and some people seem to realize that but others may show up in cut off shorts, T shirt and flip flops. You may get lucky and get there on a night when people that are more reserved and conscious of others are present or you may get people that should be at a fast food chain, loud and obnoxious and their equally loud kids. If you choose to eat in the patio area beware they allow smoking and nothing ruins a meal faster than having to smell a stinking cigarette. I never could understand how a serious restaurant could even consider allowing smoking anywhere. We had high hopes for this place when it opened and continue to eat there at least once a month because the food really is good ( we recommend the salmon Oscar) along with the service, the patrons though sometimes leave something to be desired.

• Visited August 2013

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Trip Advisor Reviews didn't our match experience...”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Wilson seems to be a neat place, our first time here so maybe we were expecting too much out of Jac's. There's a big Martini glass on the sign, and the most recent reviews on Trip Advisor gave us the impression that this would be a fine dining experience. We weren't interested in eating at a chain, of which there are plenty here. We never balk over price, I will rarely do a review based upon that as it is so subjective, BUT this time I am. We were charged $23 for 2 Grey Goose vodka gimlets which were so watered down that we couldn't taste ANY vodka- and trust me, we know what it tastes like. We sent them back as all you could taste was sweet lime juice and water- a really poor gimlet. We did this nicely, and asked them to throw more vodka in. I did say "up charge us if you need to"...never realizing that no vodka would be added, just more water but we would be charged $3/ea for our extra shots. It was shaken w more water & returned to us. My husband had the ribeye...we've never seen a ribeye that thin, looked like one of those steaks you have with steak & eggs. It was 3/8" if that. The roasted red potatoes were soaked in oil, the haystack onion rings were soggy from oil. My veggies were as well, except for the broccoli which was good. If you have only one shot to eat here, and you are just passing thru, go elsewhere, please. I would not give this restaurant a second chance... go to a chain, there are lots of choices in Wilson.

Visited June 2013
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Great dinner, great service, great fried oysters! A definite must when in Wilson! I had the pork chop. Very pleased!

• Visited May 2013
Grapevine, Texas
“My Favorite Restaurant in Town!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I moved here from Dallas almost a year ago. Jac's is by far our go to place for dinner. The atmosphere is great, the food is always delicious and the service is generally top notch. The prices are a little on the higher end for this area, but well worth it. I'm always excited to see what the special for the evening will be. One of the specials they had (Mahi Mahi with Sweet & Spicy Shrimp) has made it to the regular menu. This dish is fantastic. My husband always gets the filet and is pleased every time. Which says a lot because he's very paticular when it comes to ordering steak. My evening is always made when they have the chocolate creme brulee! The Cranberry & Goat Cheese salad is also very good. I do wish they would offer the shrimp bisque more often, as it is one of my favorites too!

If you want a nice dinner with good food and an uptown feel, go to Jac's!!

(My only complaint would be that smoking is allowed on the patio. When the weather is nice, it's so nice to sit outside, but the dining experience is ruined when someone lights up.)

• Visited March 2013
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

After moving here from the beach in Topsail everyone told us to go to Jac's. We have been there six times since July and just love the food, service, drinks everything! My husband is very picky about his food, however he finds Jac's to be one of the finest places here to eat. Can't wait to return, yum!

• Visited December 2012