“Great place to stop for travelers.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilson
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
shrewsbury pa
“Great place to stop for travelers.”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while traveling through to south carolina . The beds were small for a queen size but comfortable . The hotel is very easy to find and right off the highway in a safe area. Check in was very easy and I recieved the room type and location that I requested. The breakfast was up to marriott standards and the eating area was very comfortable. We arrived late due to leaving for the trip late in the evening so in the morning my sister almost missed the breakfast since it ends at 9am. I have to say the Breakfast worker was so very kind and held the area open until my sister got her breakfast . Most hotels have not done this in the past , so I have to send out a big "Thank You" to this very nice woman.

Room Tip: if you are arriving late request a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fairfield Inn S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilson, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Thanks you for the kind words. We understand that in order to be successful a great product is a given. Where we try to put space between us and the other hotels in the area is the level of personalized customer service you can expect. Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We needed an overnight on a trip north from Hilton Head and selected this location that was midway to home. We frequently use Fairfield when on the road. and booked this with points. It was a good location for travelers and easy on off of I-95 with plenty of restaurants in the area. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly and the property was clean and well maintained. Our room was a very nice suite. The included breakfast was very good with variety and plenty of food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Dick for the kind words. I hope you recommend it to all your friends and anybody else who is travelling to Wilson and wants to experience the best hotel in town!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I recently had to spend three weeks in Wilson, NC. As a platinum Marriott traveler, I wasn't sure what to expect from a Fairfield Inn, but I was beyond pleasantly surprised. The absolute cleanliness of the hotel was the first thing that I noticed as I came through the front doors. Next, the customer service was really outstanding and I was upgraded to a suite which was also immaculately clean. Working in my room was a pleasure because the internet service was fantastic - fast and steady. The beds were great - the shower even better. The bathroom was large and the countertops large and high, which made getting ready in the morning just awesome. There were warm cookies waiting every night when I returned, constant coffee service, and a really good breakfast selection. All in all, I am sorry that I won't need to return for a while, since my stay was just fabulous.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Margit, I love reviews by our long-term guests. It is very easy to make a mistake and not be able to recover with someone who just stays one night. It is also easier to look impressive to a one night guest. But our long-term guests are able to see and judge the hotel everyday over long periods which is why I am so happy that we have proven to you that we try our best each and every day. We too are sorry that you had to leave, but welcome you with arms wide open anytime you're in the area!
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We made an advance reservation at the AAA rate. There were people in front and behind us that attempted to use a travel coupon and were refused. Prices quoted them seemed excessive as it was almost twice what the Country Inn and Suits next door was advertising for a similar room so they wisely declined, left and went elsewhere. We therefore rated this as a poor value unless you were lucky enough to have made an advanced reservation.

This is a brand new hotel and of course the rooms are immaculate. The lady who checked us in must have had a bad day for friendly and helpful would not describe her greeting. She was efficient however, for she quickly handed us our keys and disappeared into the back never to be seen again.

Breakfast was also below our expectation. The dining area is fully equipped and there was sufficient food put out to meet the Marriott standard. Unfortunately it was presented in a manner so that it was nothing special and you ended up with the same old frozen microwave items. Naturally you can eat down the road at Denny's or Waffle House.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RICHARD B
Rudeness in the hospitality industry cannot and will not be tolerated. Especially at a hotel like ours that consistently ranks so high in customer service. I am deeply sorry that you had an experience like this at our hotel, but assure you that if you give us another chance the next time you're in Wilson we promise to more than make up for the experience you had on your first visit. I will also be holding a meeting with the front desk staff to go over proper check-in procedures and how to interact with smile with our much appreciated guests.
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I thought it was going to be some faceless kind of place off I-95 about halfway between New York and Florida, but the people who worked here were exceptionally helpful, the property was well-maintained, and I'd like to go back to see more of the city. When we registered, the woman behind the counter provided us with a booklet about Wilson; turns out it's a lovely little Southern town with lots to see and do. Who knew? Our "Continental Breakfast" was a sumptuous buffet: eggs, sausage, grits, bagels, toast, muffins, pastries fresh fruit, juices, cereals. The woman replenishing the food obviously loved her job. She wore a welcoming smile as she filled up any areas that needed more food. We were given a suite sized room with two TV's for what I considered a great price, but I expected coffee and toast in the morning. I tried out the hot tub, indoor pool and gym; all were well maintained. The next time I am on a long driving journey, I'll make it a point to stop here and stay a while. Charming!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Fairfield Inn S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilson, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
Thank you for noticing the pride we take in keeping the hotel looking its best. Slowly but surely word is getting out about the great service, cleanliness and location.
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This isn't our first stop at this hotel but there has been a quite change since last time. Hotel has been updated and is really beautiful. We stayed in a suite - which is actually a large room with a separate sitting area. The decor was contemporary and attractive. Sitting area had comfortable furniture and a large flat screen TV and there was another TV in the bedroom area. Room was clean, beds very comfortable. Excellent buffet breakfast with room. Fairfield staff at both check in and check out were very pleasant. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: We have been choosing suites lately. This suite was comfortable and had a reasonable rate. We li...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Linda for the kind words. I hope you recommend it to all your friends and anybody else who is traveling to Wilson and wants to experience the best hotel in town!
Liverpool, NY
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Overall excellent stay. Hotel very clean and convenient to I95 for a trip to Florida. Only reason did not rate 5 star was we had reserved a double room and was told there were only Kings/sofa bed left. We did check in at midnight.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
It looks like this was your first stay and we are thankful for giving us a try. We are very proud of our hotel and its location. We hope that you come back and stay with us again so that we can make everything perfect and earn that 5th star!