“Just off 95!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilson
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Wilson
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Needed a place to stop on the way to Florida. The hotel was in a Perfect location. it had a great pool,decent breakfast,great pillows. It was an Enjoyable respite. The eggs as and sausage tasted microwaved. Waffles were delicious.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Arnel5l

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a newer Fairfield Inn -all new lobby and rooms. It is really nice - so no worries about whether it is the "older" Fairfield vs. a "newer" Fairfield...it is definitely new. The breakfast is free and great. The workout room has 1 treadmill, a stairstepper thing, and free weights. There are a lot of cable channels. Lol...I know these things seem silly to a lot of people, but for a business traveler, these things matter. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Typically I select the Marriott brand, but this one was a disappointment. The location is an exit off 95 with new hotels of just about every national and local brand you can name. I thought the price was expensive for the area, and there were no discounts offered or recognition for the large soccer event in town. Surely they could have a sign appreciating our business and a thank you discount. The service was the worst hotel service I've ever had. Those that flat out ignored me gave better service than those who spoke because the ones who spoke were rude and unhelpful. Our toilet handle broke but was repaired promptly. I would select one of the others at this exit next time. If the pool is a factor for you, know this indoor pool is tiny but the Comfort Suites brand behind the hotel has a sizeable outdoor pool. I gave the beds a low rating because they are so small. Don't count on sharing a bed comfortably. If you are a jogger you will not have a good jogging route either.

Room Tip: All are similar views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 5pointsbuyer
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Like most people staying in this hotel, we were driving up 95 and looking for a room for one night only. The hotel is conveniently located right off 95 and is walking distance from a number of restaurants. Our room was very clean and the AC unit worked perfectly. The hottub and heated pool were a great way to relax after a long day of driving. Breakfast was your typical Continental breakfast, but the eggs were real and there was a waffle maker (who could ask for more?). I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were traveling south on I 95 and stayed for one night at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Wilson, NC. This hotel is close to I 95 and our first positive impression was of the neatly manicured grounds at the front of the building. Check in was quick, the public area was nice and had a cozy look, and the hotel interior looked like it had been recently renovated. Our room was bright and comfy with new carpeting, and a clean, well lite bathroom with a long vanity top (a plus for me). The bed was very comfortable too. The room had a microwave and refrigerator as well as a larger flat screen TV. I also liked the room layout with the bed area far enough away from the hallway door that we did not hear other guests walking the hallway. The free breakfast was very good with a nice selection of items and the breakfast room is large enough to seat many hotel guests. I would recommend this Fairfield Inn as a good place to stop on I 95.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McKatz
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stop off 95. One of the few places that is not in a scetchy town. They had several restaurants down the road to pick from. They took us last minute which was great since we were not sure where we were going to stop. The room was small but clean. Good overnight stop.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank travel4life823
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on long road trip on I-95 and was pleasantly surprised with new decor and facilities of budget Marriott. Excellent breakfast, well beyond the old plastic food. Staff helpful and efficient. Basic room was very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013