“Smelled like Smoke”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilson I-95
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel room had that smell of old smoke, like it used to be a smoking room, maybe a few years ago, and the smell has never really left. By the time I arrived though (just before midnight), I was so exhausted I fell asleep. Beds were comfortable but I woke up with a wicked headache. Complimentary breakfast helped, but eggs were rubbery.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Erik R

Reviewed May 19, 2014

An evening of extreme noise and nuisance from the room next door where teenagers were booked. The morning after, they started the day by pulling fire alarms and running up and down the hall, we saw no management .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This Hampton Inn is clean with friendly staff and comfortable rooms. The only reason I don't rate it higher is that I have stayed at other Hampton Inns that had better business amenities (easy access ports for recharging all your travel electronics) and were cheaper. However, there is certainly nothing to keep a tired family driving back from Florida from staying here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was exceptional ... loved the hot oatmeal "bar" and the hostess introduced herself to all of us and asked us if we needed anything additional.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Loud noise from a ballroom affair greeted our arrival. People were loitering in the parking areas at night, without visible security. No parking was available for our evening arrival. The staff did not know when the loud affair would be finished. We had to park at a neighboring hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Never disappoints a quick arrival and high quality room and service on the road. My choice for very flexible reservations and great service by all agents-on the phone and in person. Best of all the choices on I-95 with a location appearing frequently.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Average overall impression. Staff friendly, but could not correct booking problem. Ice machine that finally worked was on 3rd floor, whereas we were on the first floor. Would stay there again, hoping all the little problems would have been solved.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

this hotel does not allow cancellations within 24 hours of the reservation. I had a bad experience with this because when I asked to speak to a manager I was told there was no manager of authority at the hotel for the weekend.

the good thing was that this did get corrected and we stayed at a Hampton Inn in another town that was more convenient and had a great stay.

Marsha was very helpful and polite on the phone.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends