“Parker's is our must-stop on our drives between NYC and Florida”
Review of Parker's Barbecue

Parker's Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 156 Restaurants in Wilson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stopped at Parker's twice now - once to eat there and once for take-out. Service, quality, atmosphere were excellent both times. This is BBQ like I simply have not tasted in NYC or on our biannual drives between NYC and Florida (comparisons are to Bessignger's, Maurice's so far). 2 lbs. of pulled pork, 11 (mixed) pieces of chicken, sides and fixins and drinks for $37 is outstanding value in contrast to Maurice's in Santee, SC) and was a great pick-me up after Maurice's. The other reviews are spot on and I would add only that the 50s garb opened up a good opportunity to discuss the 1950's in NC and NYC.

1  Thank Nik K

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Parker's has wonderful barbecue cooked in the Eastern North Carolina style, which is cooked with vinegar and a little hot pepper. The BBQ comes with lots of flavor and no sauce on top. The slaw at Parker's is made with a lots of mustard, and complements the BBQ perfectly.

This BBQ is very different in appearance from the other styles popular around the country (Memphis and Kansas City, to name two) but the flavor is excellent, and sauce is on the table if you need it. I grew up eating Memphis style BBQ, but I love Parker's for the flavor packed in every bite. I will continue to stop by here anytime I am traveling up or down I-95. This place is worth the detour.

1  Thank Joan_Hurst
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My five-year old walked in and said "Mama this is a dump!" But omg was the BBQ delicious. Bigger portions than any human will ever need served from adorable young hunks (all male with great southern accents. Love it!)

1  Thank Katehallrva
Reviewed December 24, 2012

You'd have a hard time determining what era you were dropped in this place. It's got a dated interior, but the staff dress as if it's the 50s. White uniforms and paper hats add to the experience. The food is really good, but a bit pricey. Plan ahead, because this place is ALWAYS busy. It's one of the most popular places in town and out. Even people that have never been to Wilson know Parker's.

1  Thank Mehands
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to Parker's for many years and the food has always been great; my last visit was no exception. Family style is the way to order if you have several people, you get the staples and as much as you want. Great food and great service.