“Consistenly Excellent”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to Parker's for many years and the food has always been great; my last visit was no exception. Family style is the way to order if you have several people, you get the staples and as much as you want. Great food and great service.

There are newer reviews for Parker's Barbecue

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We visited this restaurant at the recommendation of someone we traveled with. By all accounts, it is a very popular place and the line to get in sometimes wraps around the whole parking lot and building. That being said, I did not enjoy the food very much. The service was second to none. The waiters were friendly and attentive. We had a group of 23 people and the waiters managed it without mistakes or time lapses. We all ordered the family style service. They keep bring out trays of food. Fried chicken, barbeque, hush puppies, potatoes, coleslaw and beans. As I said before, i did not enjoy the style of food but they are doing something right. They have been around a long time and they do great business so if the food appeals to you, you have to try it.

1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've been taken here twice for lunch and both times I've been left saying - I don't get it. All these people are talking about how good the food is and how on Sundays, the line is out the door, etc This is THE WORST bbq I've ever had. Aside from that, the chicken is fried to the point it is like trying to eat jerky and the green beans, potatoes, etc. taste like they were just dumped out of a can and heated up. I left here hungry both times and couldn't wait until dinner. I don't know if my review will sway anyone's decision to eat here, but if you think this is good bbq, I feel sorry for you.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

You can't go wrong w/ this place. Out fashioned service and great food. BBQ is the greatest and the brunswick stew is 2nd to none. Make sure you load up on the corn sticks. They don't take cards, so bring cash or use the ATM they have inside.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

For terrific Carolina bar b que off of I-95 this is the real deal. Everything was properly prepared and the portions are substantial. Cost is low and this is NOT a tourist/traveller stop-it is all locals. Highly recommend it to any off-exit food traveling through NC.