Tripadvisor
Wilson
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best Ribeye in the South”
Review of Beefmastor Inn

Beefmastor Inn
Ranked #1 of 175 Restaurants in Wilson
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No menus, no matter!
Ribeye, cut to size at your table, salad, cooked onions, bread!
Best meal I’ve had in years. The place hold maybe 40 people, but it worth the wait. Go in put your name on list go set outside and tailgate or throw a game of cornhole on the boards they have setup in the yard.
This is one of those spots you must visit and enjoy a STEAK!!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (269)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Something changed beside the Ownership...And the $60 bucks per person for a fatty Ribeye.(no grade of meat worse except sirloin)
Anyway, salad bar just like Rosce left it,I dont like getting onion pieces vs the whole onion.
Hard to mess up a baked potato...But my dogs ate well..1/2 of everyone's ribeye steak couldn't be eaten by humans.
As I said I the title glad my turn not to pay...Dinner for 4 very close to $300.00 with tip!!!!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 21, 2019

My family and I recently went to Beef Masters Inn for my mother’s birthday. Although we had a big group they were able to get us in no wait at all. Served everyone quick and everyone was very friendly. They didn’t leave unwanted dishes on the table allowing us more room which was something that not all places think about. The salad bar had a little bit of everything and was alway being restocked to make sure it met everyone’s needs. Did not once have to ask for my drink to be refill they never let my drink get past half a cup empty. The steaks were amazing so juicy and about the ONLY place to cook a medium steak right! The steak was served with a baked potato (allow to add toppings to your liking) and bread . Yes it is a little pricey but it very good quality and the place makes you feel welcome with the nice people working within. Even the picky eater of the family approved! Would definitely recommend this place to others!

1  Thank meff0326
Reviewed December 14, 2019

We eat here about twice a year and it's consistently an awesome meal. Two perfectly cooked 8oz. Ribeyes (probably more like 10oz. to be honest), baked potato, onion, salad bar a beer and glass of wine, $83. Not bad at all in my opinion. I've read reviews of new owners but the same guy that's always been there to cook my steak was there again tonight. I read a review about the steaks being fatty... A good ribeye has fat on it. The onion does come cut up now but I can deal with that. The salad bar is still fresh, continually stocked and clean. This is a great spot for a steak, salad and potato at a decent price. TIP: the place is small with one of the tables right by the bathroom. So if your like me and that's not inviting, just give the guy a heads up when you place your name on the list and they'll sit you elsewhere. You may have to wait a few minutes more but I'm ok with that.

2  Thank RWarwick
Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

I noticed this visit the people that I thought were fill ins for regular staff nite off...these were the new owners!!
Most everything the same except for you can no longer get a whole onion...they put onion pieces in a bowl and you share..
The second thing I noticed (being I always pay,in cash) the cost to eat at the Beef Master has increased about 300% from previous owner. Four people...4 fatty ribeyes,salad and baked potatoes...& 1/4 onion in a bowl ...Get this...$250+tip!!!!
I thought I had someone else bill.But I was told nope this is yours. We carried 50% of the steak home to the dogs being it was too tough and fatty for human consumption...
Four people eating dinner in Wilson NC should not be no where near $300.00 tip included!
(Parkers up the street 4 adults all you can eat family style $28.00)

1  Thank johnnyquest111

Been to Beefmastor Inn? Share your experiences!