“We loved it!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Charlotte Hall, Maryland
“We loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I don't know about all of these negitive reviews. We thought it was one of the nicest, clean places and a bargin to boot. Nice Lady at desk and good breakfast. We talked about how really nice it was, would have stayed there on the way home, but we had picked up our Motor Home, so we didn't have a reason. All of these reviews just seem strange.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SandyRoddy
jamesongm, Manager at Jameson Inn of Wilson, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you very much for your time and comments. You are right , it is strange to see that you had perfect stay and few others here complain about all that don't make sense to me. Any one can post review on this site, the one who really stayed with us and those who think of us as competition.

I value your effort and hope that people make time to say good then just bad.

Jina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Princeton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

This was my worst hotel stay EVER--and I've stayed at a lot of hotels. My fiance made the reservation because it was pet-friendly and because it was located approximately in the area we needed to stay on our trip from Florida to NJ, and we had stayed here previously in January 2010 (and I wasn't thrilled with it at that time either, but I figured, since it was only going to be for one night, how bad could it be?) Well first, they had no non-smoking rooms, but I figured we could live with that. When we opened the door to the room, it had a horrible musty smell. Then I noticed that there was only one, very anemic, pillow on the king sized bed. We went to the front desk for more pillows and were told we had to come back later. It took us over an hour to get additional pillows, which were so tiny and flat we could barely sleep on them. The sheets did not fit well, and the blanket was paper thin. The air conditioning worked well, but evidently leaked into the room because the carpet was so wet on that side of the room that we had to wear shoes the whole time. The refrigerator did not work at all. The room was filthy. There were room key cards left in the room from the previous occupant, which led me to believe that the room had not been cleaned between guests. The upholstered chair was filthy and had a large suspicious stain on the seat, so we didn't sit in it. Overall, the room was so dirty we decided to eat our take out dinner outside in the "picnic area" next to the pool (which also looked dirty). Then we watched TV, brushed our teeth, and went to bed. The next morning we got up early to take showers, only to discover that there was not a single towel in the room. So we decided to just drive home to NJ. We did not stay for the breakfast, because we remembered how bad it had been when we stayed there last year. Bottom line: we will NEVER stay here again and warn everyone to stay away. We stayed at a nice Quality Inn on the way down to Florida a week earlier for the same price, and it was 100% better.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
1 Thank jwassum
It's funny to see that you have only post one review on Trip advisor . com and that is only to post bad review, you became a member?

According to your review , you stayed with us in past January and you had good stay then I wonder how come you did notmake an effort to post good review at that time on us?

Human nature is so hard to understand , or I have to doubt that this whole review is just bogus to mislead other viewers.

Travelers are raving about these Wilson hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Where do I begin...we bought our reservation from Priceline, and needless to say I will NEVER stay at Jameson Inn OR use Priceline again!

We were staying with our 3 young boys for a baseball tournament in Wilson.The first room we checked in to had a horrible, musty smell. There was a space in the door jamb where the door doesn't close all the way, which may have been why there were wasps in the room. The bathroom vanity was filthy. There was very obvious dirt & grime everywhere, and a huge layer of dust around the TV. (Clearly, these housekeepers do not clean the rooms very well, if at all).
When I asked for a new room, the girl at the desk was very complacent & gave me a room 2 doors down. That room was equally filthy...AND there was a blood stain on the outside of the comforter, and nasty "other" stains on the inside of the comforter.
I contacted the front desk yet again, and this time she was rude, asking me if I had "told anybody about it".
Needless to say, we checked out ASAP and went across the street the Sleep Inn, where the service was great & the rooms were clean.
Jameson did agree to refund my $ to priceline, who will in turn, refund me.

Oh, and I contacted Jameson Corporate Offices as well, here's the problem....there are only 7 Jameson Inns that are not corporately owned. Jameson of Wilson is one of them. There is "nothing they can do..."

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Again, it's funny how you only became member on tripadvisor to post only bad review?
1.We gave your money back. 2. Your friend who made yours and her reservation stayed with us with out any problem. 3. You stayed after leaving from here at Country Inn but didn't post reveiw on them even though they were good for you?4. You got all your money back then you went and complaint to our corporate office, for what? what do you want then to do for you?

You are proving your self as unreasonable person, who got what she wanted and still makes time to whine. There are many things we all can do like volunteer our time for good cause then writing wrong reviews to mislead other viewers.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed at the Jameson (Wilson) June 29-30, 2011. The staff was friendly and curteous... the room on the other hand (which we did not complain about considering it was inexpensive) was not up to the standards of people who desire cleanliness!
The smell in the room was absolutely foul and musky and there was a 1/2 inch thick dust in every place not conviently accessible with a vacuume. If you stay at this place, look under your bed and you will be appauled at the dirt, the dust and the odd and ends that previous guests have left.... These people do not vacuum under beds after every
guest, or even every week, or every month... these people NEVER clean under the beds!

We did not see any bugs, however, I must say this is the first motel/hotel I have ever stayed at where I was completely terrified that I may become the victim of bed bugs... this is the sort of place where that problem will happen , if it hasn't already!

There was no complimentary shampoo (there was conditioner.. but without shampoo isn't that sort-a called "half-assed").

The cleaning staff spends far too much time folding their towels in some silly looking flower design and absolutely no time in actual cleaning!

I would not recommend this motel/hotel to my worst enemy... it is the filthiest place I've ever stayed!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
You have only posted one review and that is only bad one. I am sure you had some good experience in your life at other hotels, restaurants too. I wonder why people like you don't take time to say some thing good about anything. We only put shampoo and conditioner in one we do not put then in 2 separate bottle.

If you were unhappy with the room then you could have ask to change room or could have ask desk clerk to have someone fix all the problems.

Attention viewers: Please see how many review a reviewers post, is just one review? are they in habit of only writing bad reviews or they are HUMAN enough to post good reviews when they are happy? Consider all of this facts before believing their bad reviews.
newport news, va.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

My wife and i thought it was a pretty looking place for the night..it looked good from the road. we cheeked in at 8:30 pm 5-31-11. we left and ate at dennys and came back at 10p.m. put our bags in room. i opened up the shower curtain and a dead roach was in the middle of it. my wife pulled back the sheets and a roach was crawling around. i looked around the room and find two other roaches crawling on the wall. we were sent to another room and it was stinky smelling and dingy. we checked out but the manager refused to give us but half our money. i had a restaurant receipt that showed we were there till 10pm after we had checked in at 8:30 pm. we left at 11pm. the manager "tamera" was rude and ardent about giving us only half our money back. i would not let my cat even stay there or any other animal.

Room Tip: Keep going there are other hotels
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank inspgadget_11
jamesongm, Manager at Jameson Inn of Wilson, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
I am manger of Jameson Inn and ,As I have told you on the phone, You came to us after 11pm telling us that you live in VA only an hr away from here and you would like to go home. We were nice enough to give you 1/2 off the money back. If you had stayed some where else due to problem with our room then we would have given you your full money back. As I have told you and have given proof to my corporate office that we had more then 40 rooms rented on same night and no one have complained except you. In fact we rented same room day before and day after you left for 6 nights and have received no complaints. I am sorry you were not satisfied but we have done the best we do in this situation.
Clarksville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

Charged me for an extra night and because a small computer bag was accidently left, refused to refund me. My advise is to stay away from this privately owned hotel because the woman owning it is a THEIF!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank allikala
We were told by your other family member that you were staying over. Then some one from you family came and took back your computer. Instead of being happy that you got your valuable stuff back which we are not responsible at all. You are claiming that we are thieves.

People who read your review should be smart to read between fine prints that it was you who left the bag, which you did got it back. and you are telling the world that woman owner is thief.

It tells more about you then us. You are the one who is not appreciative and arrogant. accept the fact before pointing fingers at others.
fairfax station, virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

This place is a scam and is actually dangerous. We made our reservations through Expedia and when we got there they not only refused to honor our reservation, they were rude, combative and profane. I asked a nasty woman at the desk for her name and she said, "Puddintang" and other one uttered a profanity. They said
take it up with Expedia * I had prepad. Other travelers were experiencing the same thing. They locked their doors ignoring all of the stranded travelers and I felt physically at risk. DO NOT GO TO THIS JAMESON under any circumstances. I owner would not return my calls, and Puddintang would not call her or the police, as I requested.

Room Tip: stay away
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank logicalmouse
I did called at the phone no. left here and have left msg on the phone no given to us. In fact I am the one who didn't receive your call back. I have my email id on my business card, where you could have easily got in touch with me at any time of the day.

Now, Expedia took your money, not us when you made the reservation. We were third party for you. We do not get paid from Expedia for about month after you pay them so if we do not have your payment how are we going to give you money back. My employee explained you exactly same but you were being hard headed and refused to accept the facts and started calling her names just because she is overweight. The night you came to our property we were sold out.
I wish people take time out to post review when they are happy as well.