I am writing this review just after checking in to this hotel at 1:30 in the morning after a long day of driving. I made my reservation earlier this evening from my ipad after reading several positive reviews on Tripadvisor. About twenty minutes before arriving I passed a large billboard on I-95 advertising a walk-in rate of $79.99 a night after I had just confirmed a rate of $117. When I inquired about the rate at check-in , I was told...surprise, surprise...that it would not have applied anyway....there are "exclusions". I commented that that was a pretty cheap trick since no one driving 65 miles an hour on the interstate would be able to read the fine print that mentions exclusions. The desk clerk than told me that she knew nothing about a $79 rate....someone had once told her they saw an $89 rate advertised on a billboard but she knew nothing anout it because...and I am quoting her..."I travel locally. I don't see billboards.". Too tired to argue, I took my key and returned to my car for my bags. As I returned, I LOOKED UP TO SEE A LARGE SIGN ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING ADVERTISING THAT $79 RATE!!!
I do not understand why an apparently well-run motel chain would have to resort to slimy advertising strategies that can only leave customers who actually book ahead feeling like they are getting ripped off. I do not understand why The so- called exclusions were not offered to me in writing, and I certainly do not understand why I would be lied to by an employee....unless of course, that employee walks to work from behind the building!!
I probably spend 30-50 nights a year in chain motels of this type but this is my first stay at a Country Inn. The room is spacious, clean, and nicely decorated BUT I do not enjoy feeling like I have been made a fool of, and I do not o to be a return guest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's more relaxing. More comfortable. And with free breakfast and high speed internet, it's more affordable, too. But most of all, it's feeling like you're a guest in our home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Wilson
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson Hotel Wilson