“Very Nice”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Wilson
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nice place to stay. It' clean and the breakfast is good, My husband and I stayed here 3 times in the last past year, 1 time in the summer and the last 2 before and after Christmas. The first time I loved it, but the second time it just went pet friendly. I love animals but I wasn't happy about that.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 14, 2011

There aren't many dog-friendly hotels along the Carolina I-95 corridor that are also wife-friendly... Count the CI&S as a hotel that meets both rqmts... Nice large rooms... Friendly staff... Dedicated pet rooms... and a dog "business center"... Good breakfast... we would return...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Wiggleglass
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The hotel is clean which is a plus. The furniture is average in comfort. The bed is very comfortable. I was not happy to see the desk clerk eating a full meal on the front desk counter as she spoke with me. Yes, she stopped eating to speak but where is the service here. This happened at 10:00 pm on 12.2.11, We had a group of parents that wanted to sit in the breakfast lounge and watch the football game. We were already in the area talking on the sofas and tired of the weather channel. We asked the desk and told were we not allowed and that it had to stay on the weather channel. We tried to change the channel but it is locked. The clerk said that she would change it if she could until 11:00 but the night clerk would not let us. Here is my point, am I not the customer, is it not about us? We stayed in the lounge and hung out and spoke with each other for a few hours and had a nice time. However, we as paying customers should be able to watch the football game. I wonder if this hotels competitors all within a few feet of this property make their customers watch the weather channel for three hours. The maids were friendly, however, the clerks had a way of making the customers feel like they are putting the desk clerks out. It seemed to be more about them than their customers.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We called to see if they had a king bed available in a pet friendly room around 5:30pm. They said yes and quoted us a price higher than their online rate. When questioned about it they confirmed that the pricing was better online, they could not match it on the phone, and that we could book the same room online. We did just that and within 5 minutes we had a confirmation number and we even noted on the reservation that we had two small dogs.

When we arrived at the hotel a little after 9pm they did not have our king, pet friendly room available as they had just given it out 5 minutes ago.

There were about 6 cars in the parking lot so the place was not near capacity and would not give us any of the other king rooms because they did not allow pets in them, despite them messing up.

It is clear to me that they were able to get more for our room via a walk-in or someone calling directly and figured they would just stick us into a queen sized bed room.

If I can't trust their online reservation system then I won't stay there again. Be careful.

Room Tip: call and confirm your reservation
Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
cx_winc, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilson, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations. Sincerely, Jennifer Jones General Manager Country Inn & Suites 252-281-5501

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I am becoming a fan of this hotel chain- all of my stays have met my expectations for a reasonable price. The room was very clean and well sized and the included breakfast was a cut above what you might expect. There was a small but pleasant indoor pool, although the fitness room needed help-- fortunately, I did not plan to work out that day. There was a wedding reception going on when I was there, but it was still adequately quiet in the room and impressive that there were reception facilities in this property. The location was very convenient to I-95. Fitness room aside, I will likely be back to this hotel and definitely will stick with the Country Inn chain of hotels.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had the unfortunate event of staying at this hotel while traveling up from FL. It is right off the highway. A family reunion was happening for about 200 people who all spoke all night on volume loud, slamming doors, banging onthe dumpster. Our room had not been cleaned and then when it was there were crumbs in the bed! The towels had toothpaste remnants on
Them. Nasty at it's best! Staff was overwhelmed, unhelpful and unpleasant. Should have left and found elsewhere to stay. Avoid this place at all costs. P

• Stayed: September 2011

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service. We will use your feedback to fine tune our operations for future stays.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Booked this room on a stopover from Florida to NY August 2011. Rooms are clean carpets are new , the room had a microwave and refrigerator . The bathroom was clean, appears to be fairly new hotel. Staff was friendly and attentive. and they offered us their best rate when we called from the road - in addition they mentioned AAA rate or a discounted coupon rate. Breakfast was excellent a full hot breakfast - biscuits , scrambled eggs, bacon in addition to the usual waffle iron. This was a great find, there are several other hotels off the interstate who offer dicounted rates but we checked out the "pet friendly " inn next to this hotel which was about $20 less per night ( using free travel coupons ) but the two rooms we look at were shabby and smelled .

Room Tip: We picked up a discount travelers coupon book at the N C visitors center. Although staff also mentio...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family