“Wonderful Location towards Downtown Wilson”

Hampton Inn Wilson Downtown
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Ohio
“Wonderful Location towards Downtown Wilson”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This location is perfect! There are plenty of restaurant and shopping around this location. As they say first impressions are lasting impressions and that is what I got when I visited this location. When I walked into this location I was greeted by the friendly and courteous staff at the front desk. Check In was fast and easy. I was informed of the different services and amenities when I checked in as well. I usually don't get a chance to relax but this trip was a very relaxing trip for me. The fitness center at this location is by far the best in this area as I have stayed at many different hotels in this area. Also, it is nice to be able to catch something to eat in the morning before you leave and this location has a great breakfast as well. There are so many different things to choose from, and the breakfast staff is friendly as well. This is definitely going to be a location of choice when I come into town in the furture. It is close to shopping and places to eat.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank OhioTraveler81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Comfortable, modern, clean rooms with plasma televisions and an extremely helpful and accomodating staff. Couldn't have had a better experience.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
north myrtle beach, sc
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I travel a lot of Hampton Inn's, but I am sorry this one is not up to par. Room had an bad smell and immediatley my sinus started up. Got out the spray, but did not do much good, a non/smoking room, but smell a little like smoke and a pet had been in it. Front desk staff was not friendly, gave me keys that did not work, twice on top of that. So three trips back down the elevator to get keys to wrk, lugging my suitcase, hanging clothes, and computer bag. But there is one great thing about it, I certainly will not go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank beachl0ver2
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 8, 2010

After a disaster at the Super 8 Wilson, we had to find another hotel to stay at and passed this Hampton Inn about 5 minutes away. The difference was like night and day. A very helpful front desk, clean room with a rollaway, and a very nice breakfast with several hot options in addition to cold choices.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mrmervis
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I've stayed at both Hampton's in Wilson and althought this one is cleaner it's owned by the same people that own the horrible one I rate as the worst Hampton Inn in NC. You can see this owner doesn't care much about customer service as the front desk was rude when I asked if they could upgrade my room.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank TheRealBillBrasky
Boston
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I have given the hotel top marks because my stays there were excellent and it is an excellent example of a Hampton Inn. It's not a luxury hotel but Hampton Inns are not aiming for that. It gave me what I expected, and everything was top notch.

I spent a week in Wilson, NC and a two one night stays at this Hampton Inn, which I am told is roughly six months old. The hotel has the clean, fresh feel of new construction. It is just off Raleigh Rd. but is so new that google maps and my GPS device did not have the location correct. The hotel told me to program in the Ruby Tuesday in Wilson, NC and it would be right there on the right.

There is a shopping area about 1/4 mile away from the hotel that has a Target, a grocery store, and many other stores. Oddly, it's hard to know why the hotel, and the shopping center, have been positioned where they are: there is not a lot happening in the area. There is plenty of free parking.

All staff I met were friendly and helpful. They were warm and friendly when I checked in. They mentioned that I'd put in my reservation request that I wanted a top floor room away from the elevators, and made it a point of telling me that they'd given me that room. The room was large, and like the rest of the hotel, felt new. The linens were clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the air conditioner worked well (it was mid-90's and humid while I was there) and was relatively quiet. The bathroom was roomy and well designed. Water pressure was good in the shower. My room (I got the same room both times as I requested it the second time) faced away from Raleigh Rd. There was zero external noise!

The breakfast that they offered was typical Hampton Inn. I do not care for their hot food but they had the usual yogurt, fruit, cereal, and coffee. Oddly, one of the two days they put cheese in the fruit salad, something that turned me off.

The standout for me about this hotel is the staff. Every staff member was friendly and proactive with offers of assistance and help. Both clerks at check-in were friendly, efficient, and offered to give me tourist and meal recommendations. The women staffing the breakfast were very nice. Even one of the housekeepers, seeing me leaving with my bags, made it a point of saying that she hoped I'd had a good stay. It was very.... "hospitable". Other guests seemed to be enjoying it as well, as I watched several report back to the front desk clerks about their excursions.

Business center: worked well. Printed what I needed without problem.

Other pluses: the internet was excellent. I had no problems and it never got in the way of my doing my work. The fitness room is well above average. It has about several cardio machines (three treadmills, two ellipticals, a couple of bikes), and a set of dumbells going up to 50 pounds. It is spacious and has two water blubbers. Much better than the usual three ten-year old pieces of dirty equipment!

The one thing I did not like: in this new building, the elevators are as slow as they could possibly be and still be considered working, and they are creaky. Very weird.

There are less expensive options in Wilson that might have met my needs. I chose this hotel as I was intrigued by its newness. I do think it's worth the extra $10 - $20 a night it commands over some of the older hotels. But I would definately seek this one out again if I have to go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business