“Another great Hampton stay”

Hampton Inn Wilson Downtown
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Romeo, Michigan
“Another great Hampton stay”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

After an 11-hour travel day capped by a rainy hour-long rental car drive through the darkest, most deserted countryside I've seen in a while...how NICE it was to arrive at the Hampton Inn Wilson Downtown (even if it was 2 a.m.). A wonderful woman at the front desk welcomed me and checked me in so pleasantly. My room was spotless. And the free breakfast the next morning was top notch...exactly the kind of experience that I've come to expect from Hampton Inns. You're also surrounded by restaurants and places to shop for anything you need. I honestly have no complaints about my stay, though if you stay here with kids, be prepared for the fact that the outdoor swimming pool is rather small. Thanks again, Hampton!

Room Tip: I stayed in 306...several doors down from the elevator, facing the front parking lot. Absolutely no...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wilson,NC, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton in on July 25-27 for a Family reunion. The Lobby area I felt was very nice and clean. Our room was clean, bathroom was great. No tub though. Over all my stay was great the Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Durham, NC, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel was very clean, the staff very friendly and I felt safe and at home. The location is great for anyone wanting to shop at the many shops within a one mile radius. Downtown Wilson was very close as well as the bus and train stations.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

chester, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I drove over 20 hours and couldn't wait to get to a Hilton Family hotel. The room smelled of mildew and dampness upon entering. We put the AC on and it helped to clear up the smell and dampness. But it gave me a feeling that it was unclean. I was disappointed to say the least and wished I had checked in to the one closer to I95. There was no movie selection and the tv stations were less than you expect at Hampton Inn. The breakfast was very fresh and tasty with a good selection.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Caroline F
York, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The staff was extremely pleasant and appeared to enjoy their jobs, do them well and understood the "hospitality" business. I would like to point out the breakfast host as well.. She was VERY busy, but VERY pleasant and efficient. Kudos to her.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My daughter got married and we used this hotel for our out of town guests. They had a towel "cake" welcoming our wedding party and allowed us to use the conference room for a guest lunch. All the family said how nice their stay was and there is a lot of lobby room to get together with family at other times during the day. Minnie was so helpful and we could not have been more pleased! Thank you for making this important weekend so special!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brunswick, G, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've been around the world several times......I've seen good an bad hotels.........You can't go wrong with Hampton Inn in Wilson, N.C. I have NEVER had a bad experience at a Hampton Inn or at ANY Hilton property and the Wilson, N.C. Hampton is no exception. Staff is excellent and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple