“Favorite one this year”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Wilson
Atlanta, Ga
“Favorite one this year”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

4 nights stay at this hotel was a charm. Check in perfect, my 1st floor requested was honored. We reserved a week before & could only get king size bed because doubles were booked up due to youth soccer & softball tournaments in town. I was pleased with the sight & smell of my room, immaculately clean, fashionable decor & furnishings, flat screen tv, a side chair & desk w/chair & electrical hookups for computers & cell phone chargers on the desk. So conveniently placed. Wi-fi available, but the king size bed was the "special bonus". The bed & pillows were the most luxurious comfort ever in a hotel for a me, a difficult sleeper. No sunken spots, where people had been sitting on the sides, because there is a huge leather hassock at the foot of the bed to sit on while watching the TV. You can store things under it, what a novel idea!! We had 4 family members visit and there was room for everyone to sit in this room without sitting on the bed. The duvet cover on the bedding is washed & clean for each new stay (I saw them being washed in the laundry room), This adds a personal touch to your stay, everything is absolutely clean. Contemporary furnished bathroom, generous amount of towels there. Breakfast bar had different egg/meat (canadian bacon, sausage, salsa cheese omelets, biscquits & gravy) every day w/waffle makers, juices, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, grits, dry cereal, etc. well stocked & clean. Breakfast seating area accommodates at least 50 people, like a restaurant. Although they were overloaded with teens for the tournaments, the desk staff, housekeeping, breakfast bar cooks/attendants maintained a highly level of efficient, courteous service proving excellence in management. We reported a small water leak around the fridge in the carpet (of no harm to us) & were moved to another room in less than an hour. They immediately serviced the room. Such efficiency proves they are diligent in maintaining the property. The bed in the 2nd room was just as super comfortable as the first room. Our family members had 2 rooms also, and fell in love with their accommodations. Our next trip we will book (far in advance) a suite for a more resort-like experience. Well lit parking area and walking distance to restaurants, Walmart 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: Enjoyed 1st floor room at side door close to handicap parking. Pool at other end could be noisy in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DCNCcouple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Another great Hampton Inn location! My husband and I stayed here while visiting the area to watch our niece play in a softball tournament. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was delicious and the staff was friendly. Location is near restaurants and shopping center. Only complaint was that the bathroom had a stand-up shower instead of shower/tub combo, but that's a personal preference. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Checked in late at night but were still greeted by friendly staff. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and welcoming, generally what you would expect from a Hampton inn. Breakfast was unbelievably good Gym and business center were a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was in Wilson for my wedding and myself and the entire wedding party stayed at this hotel. The staff at the hotel was VERY helpful from the time we went to speak with them about reserving a block of rooms for the wedding until we left. When we went to inquire about reserving rooms the staff member at that time took us into the different room types that would be available and showed us what they looked like so that we could accommodate the elderly grandparents and feel comfortable with their stay. When we arrived the manager had made a wedding decoration in honor of the event which made us feel incredibly special. They were also able to put some stuff in the rooms that we had made out for the people of our wedding party. The hotel was extremely clean and comfortable and certainly helped to make our wedding weekend the best. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Great property - like new. Service was friendly / efficient. Several food choices. We chose Chick-fil-a. 2 items that have little to do with management 1- Outdoor pool was cold for mid-June . Don't know why most hotels in Wilson have only outdoor. 2-could not control direction of ac unit. Eventually had to turn off and sweat.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I arrived today, 13-Dec-11 at about 4:00PM. Unloaded my belongings, food, etc. and took a nap until about 6:00PM.

Went to turn shower on and only had cold water. After 15 minutes, luke warm water at best. Likewise, water pressure was very low.

Called front desk and she offered me a room key to shower in another room, as she was aware that this was a problem in rooms far from the boiler? I told her I didn't want to shower then return to my room. Likewise, I told her I was not going to change rooms (having to pack all up again, etc.).

I suffered through the cold shower, barely getting the shampoo out of my hair.

I sent an email to corporate as well.

If you stay here, be careful of the rooms far from the boiler.

I was in room 303.

Room Tip: Ask which rooms are nearest the boiler. Lower floors are always better too (for pressure)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We have stayed at two hotels in Wilson which were off of I-95. In addition, we've stayed at the Bed and Breakfast which closed last year. This past weekend we spent at the Hampton Downtown. The name is a misnomer as the hotel is Not in the "iffy" downtown area. It is located less than 5 minutes off of 95 and within walking distance of major stores. It's set back off of the main road and very quiet. There is plenty of parking, the desk staff were terrific, and the hotel was immaculate. The breakfasts are good and there is a well-equipped fitness center. Our grandchildren spent one night with us, and the staff went out of their way to provide a roll-away bed and toothbrushes. In addition, the housekeeping staff were efficient and friendly. I would suggest to the management that they add a magnifying mirror in the bathroom and kuerig machines in the rooms. We will be staying at this hotel on all subsequent visits.

Room Tip: Suites are worth the extra money - they are quite roomy.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family