“Absolutely Perfect ....”
Review of Taylor House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Taylor House Inn
Ranked #2 of 18 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 12, 2009

My husband and I chose to stay at the Taylor House Inn B&B for two reasons; it's was within walking distance to downtown Wilmington and from the photos on their website the Inn looked so very charming. The Inn was everything we hoped for and more. It was cozy, elegantly furnished, extremely clean and most importantly comfortable! The innkeepers I have to say were the best....they were very friendly, attentive to our needs and respectful of our privacy. The next time we visit Wilmington we will be staying at the Taylor House Inn B&B again!

Elizabeth Jaffe

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 11, 2009

Having done my research before chosing an inn, I had hopes for a better experience. As far as the house and rooms go, I was very pleased. The home is truly lovely. We stayed in the Peace room. Although not one of the larger rooms, it was a decent size, charming, and very clean. The bathroom is on the smaller side and the shower a bit cramped, but on the positive side, it was immaculate. The bed was quite comfortable, although creaky. Breakfasts were very good with fresh fruit, juice, muffins, and a main course. It is served promptly at 9:00 a.m. and you are seated at one table with other guests. We really enjoyed our visit with the other couple at the table, but if you prefer more flexibility with time and more privacy, this might not be for you. I noticed that very few reviews mention there are no tv or internet type amenities. That was not a problem for me in the least, but most people tend to expect these items, so it is worth noting. The location of the inn is good. It is within walking distance to downtown/riverwalk.

I have to say, I am still perplexed by our interaction with the innkeeper, Scott. Toward the end of our stay, we had an unpleasant experience much like the other negative reviews. Given that most of these reviews are overwhelmingly positive, I was stunned when Scott began to treat us with derisive contempt for no apparent reason. You would never expect such scornful treatment from someone in the hospitality business! This bewilderingly rude behavior is the sole reason for my low rating because it really diminished my enjoyment of our trip as a whole and would keep me from ever planning to return.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wylielakegirl
Reviewed March 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Taylor House Inn to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We stayed in the "Love" room, appropriately enough, which was big and extremely comfortable. The innkeeper Scott was attentive but not overbearing, and the breakfasts were excellent. The Inn is within easy walking distance to the middle of town on the river, and the historical district of Wilmington is best seen on foot. Wilmington is a charming place and we'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Taylor House Inn for 4 days this October. This was the first time i stayed in a B&B(i'm in my 60's).The experience was better than i had expected. I was concerned about not having the 20th Century amenities. I didn't seem to matter, although Scott did get me a TV. Scott and Karen were great hosts. The inn was very close to downtown so we could walk there, the room was very comfortable and larger then the usually hotel room and the breakfasts were delicious. It was also interesting to meet the other guests for breakfast . Scott was very helpful with questions we had about Wilmington and the surrounding area. If we return to the area we would definately stay here again as well as recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 9, 2008

Splendid example of an old Wilmington house; very pleasant and helpful host; comfortable, spacious, quiet room; good shower and pristine bathroom; excellent location - historic street; superb breakfast; tonnes of local information, including directions and books. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed October 2, 2008

We stayed at the Taylor House Inn last weekend and had a great time. House is beautiful and overall experience was excellent. Scott gave us good advice about things to do and where to eat. Short walk into the center of Wilmington made it very easy to get about on foot.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 29, 2008

We just experienced a wonderful, relaxing weekend at the Taylor House. Everything was just perfect--from the location to the comfortable beds to the elegant breakfasts. We were very impressed with the decor of this beautiful older home right in the city of Wilmington. You are within walking distance of many of the sites in the city. Scott was so helpful with restaurants and directions.
I would highly recommend this B and B to anyone that is looking for friendly hosts, wonderful food and and quiet relaxing home away from home.

Stayed: September 2008